• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV rated at 450 miles by the EPA estimate

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
GM throws down
Yes, they threw a giant battery, same 212kw as the hummer I'm guessing, into their truck.

In miles per kw of advertised range that would make the Chev less efficient than the lightning by quite a bit.

However, it should help ev's get adopted by the "I need 1000 miles of range everyday or I ain't buying" crowd.

350kw charging is great! Maybe I'll get to see the max from my truck one day, the chargers are still the limiting factor here.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Given my "it's not a truck, if it's unibody" tendencies, my eyes aren't wandering from my extended range Lariat anytime soon. The Lightning is perfect for my needs. There's also the matter that aside from the random rental Silverado, I'm loyal to the blue oval -- Ford makes a better truck.

For those always chasing the latest and greatest, good luck, because there's a lot of change on deck for the next decade or so.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Is that going to be the standard battery or the more expensive one? What are the prices going to be?

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
And it will qualify for the tax credit. Still pricey for a work truck unless it is a fancy work truck ;)
So far they have said the starting price of the 3wt &4wt which are the higher trims (other than first edition) but they haven't clarified any other details on options or packages. The 450 range number looks to be standard on the 4wt, but no mention if it will be standard on the other trims. I'm guessing with the announced price of the 3wt at only $5k less, it should have the same battery. But nothing yet on the standard or optional range or pricing for 1wt and 2wt trims (equivalent to pro and XLT).

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
that's a monster size battery. about 60% larger than the Lightning ER. How long to charge? with the 80 amp FCSP the Lightning's ER 131 kwr battery takes 8 hours to go from 15% to 100%. seems like the Chevy will take 12 plus hours.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
that's a monster size battery. about 60% larger than the Lightning ER. How long to charge? with the 80 amp FCSP the Lightning's ER 131 kwr battery takes 8 hours to go from 15% to 100%. seems like the Chevy will take 12 plus hours.
If Chevy doesn’t include an 80 amp on board charger it will take even longer. The hummer ev has an 48 amp on board charger and my guess is, if the Silverado EV has the same size battery pack as the hummer EV it will likely have the same charger on board. So do the math on how long it takes to charge 212 kWh at 48 Amps, it’s about 20 hours. You are only going to get around 50% charge overnight at that rate plugging in at the end of a day and starting early the next day. I think the lightning 80 amp charging with the charge station pro is underrated for sure for people who want to work these trucks and drive them extensive miles while charging at home.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
And it will qualify for the tax credit. Still pricey for a work truck unless it is a fancy work truck ;)
I could be off on this one, and pardon me if I am, but isn't the tax credit now dependant on where the lithium and other products are mined from? On a battery that big, will Chevy hit those percentages?

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Wonder how much longer it will actually be until these are out in big numbers, and, by then what the price will actually be.

Obviously if a 450 mile truck is actually available this year that is the same price I paid for my SR, then that kinda sucks for me and for Ford. I just think one of two things will happen... either it will be much longer from today that anyone has these in meaningful numbers, or the price will be much higher than they are quoting today... or both.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
However, it should help ev's get adopted by the "I need 1000 miles of range everyday or I ain't buying" crowd.
450 miles will still not be enough for those people.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I could be off on this one, and pardon me if I am, but isn't the tax credit now dependant on where the lithium and other products are mined from? On a battery that big, will Chevy hit those percentages?
Half of the credit is tied to battery raw material source.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Wonder how much longer it will actually be until these are out in big numbers, and, by then what the price will actually be.

Obviously if a 450 mile truck is actually available this year that is the same price I paid for my SR, then that kinda sucks for me and for Ford. I just think one of two things will happen... either it will be much longer from today that anyone has these in meaningful numbers, or the price will be much higher than they are quoting today... or both.
It's going to be a long time before a regular buyer can get a Wt4 at $80K. They might dribble out a few, but most will go to fleet buyers. And everyone else will get RSTs for a long time.

I LOVE a big battery, but 2,800 lbs just for the battery is semi-crazy.

I'm planning to trade when the Chevy/RAM/TeslaCT has a real product with 500-ish mile range and 350kw+ charging for less than 100K.

Last edited:

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
So from what I read only the wt will have 450 and the consumer model will be 350. The 350 kw charging is the real win here. I just went 500 miles with my truck and spent an hour charging, this would be almost half that.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

They still can't make the hummer EV in decent numbers GM can't produce EV's at scale and the one they can is being cancelled in a couple months smh
Sponsored