• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tires - Dissimilar Spares

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
What would be a grippier tire? I think there is a Motor Trend article about softer, larger, sidewall tires having better efficiency for range https://www.motortrend.com/features/ev-tires-pros-cons-performance-efficiency/. So those with 18" wheels should be showing higher miles/kwh?
By grippier, I was referring to the winter tires he said he would buy. I didn’t look at specific tires. Just assumed like Rivian’s off road tires that lose 15% range due to more mass to rotate with more flexible teeth, winter tires may have some hit pending the design and rubber compound. I am hoping anyone that switches from OEM to anything will report back here on the forum on noise, comfort, range, handling and longevity so the rest of us can make better choices.

p.s. The noise part of the article was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

@rdr854 any update on your matching spare?
Sponsored

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
By grippier, I was referring to the winter tires he said he would buy. I didn’t look at specific tires. Just assumed like Rivian’s off road tires that lose 15% range due to more mass to rotate with more flexible teeth, winter tires may have some hit pending the design and rubber compound. I am hoping anyone that switches from OEM to anything will report back here on the forum on noise, comfort, range, handling and longevity so the rest of us can make better choices.

p.s. The noise part of the article was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

@rdr854 any update on your matching spare?
I bought the wheel, but still need to get the tire. Was going to do it when I have the truck in fir warranty work, but I am still waiting on parts that the dealer has not yet received. Guess I will need to do it sooner.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I bought the wheel, but still need to get the tire. Was going to do it when I have the truck in fir warranty work, but I am still waiting on parts that the dealer has not yet received. Guess I will need to do it sooner.
‘Thanks for taking the time to respond. I definitely would want to do the same. I really appreciate a final note when you are done as far any fit issues, tips …. that can help me avoid any issues. Thanks again.
Sponsored