• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spotted in the Wild: Carlsbad 8/8!

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
Saw my first other Lightning Lariat this Monday night. We were both parked at the Carlsbad Shoppes, near the movie theater. It was dark, but looked like Carbonized Gray. Was walking to the parking lot to show mine off to some friends and had a moment, "I didn't park there! Did someone move my truck?!?" Pretty funny and awesome!
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Yeah it's pretty rare to see one in the wild i haven't seen one except at the dealer. We've been to Laguna Beach, CA a few times this summer and you can sit there and see one of everything go by, thought for sure I would see lightning. Nope not yet, can't wait to drive my Lightning out there soon.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Iā€™m just happy more are showing up, helps spread out the answering of questions šŸ˜‚.

Iā€™m actually fine answering questions, but if they lead with ā€œwhy didnā€™t you buy a Rivianā€ Iā€™m walking away now.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I havenā€™t seen another one yet, I travel the 15 Daily
Same here - have not seen another Lightning in my area (10 / 60 / 57 / 71 freeways).

Sponsored

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
I live in a town in the sierras with about 3k people. Closest decent sized town is 45 min away. I have seen one in my town. Dammit Ford, get me mine. Presentation reservation, wave 1 order, pushed back to 6/6 build week. Shipped 34 days after blend date, sitting in Vegas since the 28th. It was delayed during shipment somewhere between Michigan and Vegas. Now on day 13 sitting in Vegas with trucks delivered that arrived before and with me to Vegas that are farther from Vegas than I am. Just stating facts. If it sounds like I'm being negative, they are just facts. Maybe ford should take a good look in the mirror if they are facts of shame. BUT, when I get my truck all will be forgiven because it is an awesome truck. BUT I should have got it sooner so I could be happy sooner.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Finally spotted a Black Lightning headed 15N today, too bad I was in my Miata. I did give them a thumbs up though lol..

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I've only seen them at dealers and EA stations (which are lanalogous Serengeti watering holes for EVs).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Have you test drive at dealer?
No, I have my own at home. I just decided to drive the Miata to give the Lightning a break.

I havenā€™t been to a dealer since I picked up the Lightning

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
That's cool. We have a Prius that I will have to drive sometime when my wife wants to take the lightning, that's going to hurt for sure. Don't think I'll take it to rest the Prius, matter of fact the Prius needs the rest being a 2011.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well if you try using the EA stations in Carlsbad, I'm about 50/50 on them actually working. Who still uses Windows as an embedded controller?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
How exciting, just spotted a White Lightning in my neighborhood of Menifee ā€¦. 2nd one in a month

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
How exciting, just spotted a White Lightning in my neighborhood of Menifee ā€¦. 2nd one in a month

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Wasnā€™t mešŸ˜‚. Did make a Carlsbad - Woodland Hills run (on a single charge too). I was going to stop for a
Little charge but of course, the charger was broken.
Sponsored