• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spray in Bed Liner or Bed Mat enough coverage?

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thinking about spray in bed liner, but having 2nd thoughts since I do not carry much in the bed. I will also be getting a decent Tri Fold bed cover. With that being said, would a drop in liner or bed mat be enough coverage?
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
It really depends on your usage. if you typically set things in the box on the floor then I would think a bed mat would be fine. I am a woodworker so I tend to carry longer boards etc and becuase I don't want my bed scratched up, went with the spray in bed liner and will not use a cover. My brother throws things in his bed and also carries dirt etc so he went with a slide in plastic bed liner. You just need to think through how you will use the truck and then decide :)

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I had a 2002 F150 and had both and liked it. I felt like the spray in added a little weight to the bed and it rode better. I have a 2021 Lariat and have a spray in and just added a bed cover in Oct. When I do haul stuff I think it helps from stuff sliding around as much. As for "improving" the ride, the Lariat had it when I purchased it (dealer option).

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I’m starting with the mat and will get a spray liner if the bed gets badly scratched. The spray liner should cover up all the scratches.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have the factory drop in plastic liner and I like it. Things do slide around, but loading and unloading is super easy . If the truck had not come with the liner, I probably would have bought a rubber bed mat and regretted it.

Sponsored

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I have the factory drop in plastic liner and I like it. Things do slide around, but loading and unloading is super easy . If the truck had not come with the liner, I probably would have bought a rubber bed mat and regretted it.
I have both! The rear bedrug is very reasonable...especially if you order from one of the sponsor vendors and mention your a member here. I purchased most of my upgrades from Alex at Realtruck.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I got the factory spray liner with my truck, and am finding that things are sliding around more than I'd like, so I plan to add a rubber mat in the spring. My 2010 had a mat only, and it was good, but the exposed areas (especially the wheel wells) got pretty banged up. Nothing slid around on the mat.
I think the spray-in plus a mat will be perfect. I'm worried about putting a shovel through the spray liner too if I go get a load of dirt or stone, so the mat will fix that.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I have both! The rear bedrug is very reasonable...especially if you order from one of the sponsor vendors and mention your a member here. I purchased most of my upgrades from Alex at Realtruck.
What kind of discount they give us?

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
I put in Linex then a mat. All bases covered.

Sponsored

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
I had my 2015 sprayed and then I realized the reason I have done this in the past is so when the bed get scratched it doesn't rust. The bed is aluminum and won't rust so this time I'm saving my $500 bucks and going with a rubber mat to keep things from sliding around.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thanks for all the feedback...sounds like rubber mat for me it is since I do not haul stuff. In the small chance I do grab some rocks or mulch I will just line with some plastic. I also plan on getting a decent trifold cover.

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I'm getting my truck sprayed and already got the mat. Since I have the experience with spray-on. Things LIKES to slide all over the place. Thats why I got Ford mat to go on top of spray-on to stop the sliding. As for tonneau, go with extang trifecta 2.0. They're best.

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None