• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spray-in liner does not cause delays, per dealer

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I called my dealer (shortly before I received my build date) and asked if the spray-in liner on my Wave 1 Pro SR could be causing delays in build date. It took him a while to hear back, but Ford told him the liners are only causing delays on Raptors, not lightnings.

I know there aren't many people who can still configure an order at this time, but for anyone changing an order to get rid of the liner, what I'm hearing is it doesn't alter your build time.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Interesting!

I thought the more you added onto build, causes more delays as the assembly lines have to deal with more items.

I ordered my Lariat F150L base stock - no mods - no options - no dealer installed options.

Figured it would be faster to build a base vehicle.

Someone should post a data collection poll on how long their configured vehicles took from ordering to production date to delivery....

The only options I would want after delivery is the Ford safe vault option.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I have a Wave 2 XLT SR with spray in bed liner which is scheduled for a 5/30 build week. Just one data point but the spray in bed liner did not cause me to not get scheduled.

After the truck in built, it is sent off-site to get the spray in bed liner installed so that will add at least one day to the truck production.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I'm guessing Ford is going to prioritize the Lightning for everything, and try to ship them out as fast as they can. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 2 weeks from build complete to delivery to dealership.
Sponsored