• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Howdy y'all, I'm new here - this is my fist post. I have a Lightning reservation (put in ~6 hours after the presentation, I think) and have learned a lot from reading this forum. Thanks!

I was having trouble keeping track of what options each trim level of Lightning comes with or allows to be chosen so I created this spreadsheet to make it much easier to sort out. It's not the most user-friendly thing in the world, but it served my needs and I figured it might be helpful for other people too.

File versions, updates, inaccuracies...
I tried to keep the options/prices/packages accurate, but sources of information about the Lightning are usually incomplete and sometimes conflict. Also, some of the prices are just guesses. If you spot something that is either incorrect or should be included, post it here and either I can update it or someone else can. I have given this first file a version number of "0.9", if you update it, please give it a new (higher) version number. Also, I would like to request that my screen name, Hirudin, stays on the document as its original creator.

- - - - -
Update: 01/23/22
- I've updated the file to version 1.01 but I'm not updating the screenshots. The changes are in post #11...

Update: 01/26/22 - Another update, I decided to call this one version "1.2" for some reason. The changes are described in post #14... AAAAaaaannnnnnddddd, now it's version 1.21, with a minor cosmetic fix

Update: 01/27/22 - v1.3 uploaded to fix a bad problem with how the discount row was calculated, thanks ShirBlackspots!

Update: 02/11/22 - v1.4 (the final iteration of the file?) uploaded to make it more accurate, largely based on the 146-page eSourceBook. More info in post #18 of this thread...
Update 2 - v1.4b Replaced "cargo" with "towing" in what is now the "Additional towing capacity" row.
- - - - -

How to use the file...

One of the screenshots shows my file as I have it set up for my tastes. I'll reference that when describing how to use the file for yourself...

Column A - The pink cells are where you will enter what you think the "value" of each one of these options is to you. The red cells shouldn't be changed.
Explanation: Cell A-31, another person might really want BlueCruise and would be willing to pay, say, $1000 for that functionality while I only sort-of want it, so I only put a "value" of 500 on that feature.

Column B - This has the name or description of the feature. I attempted to use Ford's names for things most of the time, but not even Ford seems to be 100% consistent with what they call things. Sorry if the features seem to be shuffled together! I sorted them a bit, but it could definitely be better.

Row 2 (Trims/option packages) - I've made columns for each trim level and also additional columns for major options packages. For instance, I think the $9,500 XLT option group is effectively a different trim level, so I've put it into its own column.

Rows 15 through 21 - The calculating portion of this spreadsheet...
Row 15 (Starting cost) - This is the base price/cost of each trim level
Row 16 (Selected options cost) - This will add-up all the options you set in the column (dark blue cells). This represents how much Ford charges, not necessarily its "value", which is calculated in...
Row 19 (Selected options "value") - These cells add-up all the "values" you set (pink cells) for all the dark blue cells you've set in each column. (I hope this makes some sense!)
Row 20 (Standard features "value") - For every trim column beyond Pro, these cells add-up all the "values" you set (pink cells) for all the standard features not included in the Pro trim. For example, the standard-range Lariat includes a cargo net in the frunk as a "standard feature". Row 20 takes that and all other standard features in the Lariat column, grabs the "value" you've assigned to them, and adds them up. If you don't care whether you get a cargo net or not, you would want to put a "0" in the pink cell next to the "Frunk cargo net" option (cell A-26).
Row 21 (Cost premium over Pro...) - This row shows the most important thing in this spreadsheet, IMO: this is the calculated additional "cost" of each trim level over a Pro with the options you have set, taking into account the "values" of all the options that either come standard or that you have set with the dark blue cells. For instance, the difference between the base price of the Pro and the XLT is $13,000 BUT the XLT comes with cloth seats as standard equipment; if someone considers the "value" of cloth seats to be $1,000, the difference in "value" between these two models would be more like $12,000. In the example I have in the screenshot, you can see that, when considering the "value" of the options included in the XLT, the spreadsheet has calculated the cost premium of the XLT to be $3,757 more than the Pro trim with the options I would want.

Cell colors...
Green "Standard" cells
- These are things that I believe to come as standard features with each trim/option package.
Red cells - These are things that aren't available. Some of these cells are just important stuff that shouldn't be messed with.
Dark blue cells - These cells (most of which will be set to "0" in an empty file) are options that are available for that column's trim. If you click on the cell a "drop-down" arrow should appear, letting you select either "0" or the price of that option (eg. "865", as is the case for the Max Trailer Tow Package). The value you choose will be added to the "Selected options cost" row (row 16). See cell D-23 in the image for a visualization of what the drop-down looks like.
Light blue cells - These are options included as part of a grouping of options (eg. the Onboard Scales feature is included in the Tow Technology Package group). Do not change the values of these cells manually, they will be populated by a dark blue cell near them. I have made it so these cells say what "Group #" they come with. Example: "w/ 2" means this option comes with Group #2 (marked in a red cell in the leftmost column next to the)
Yellow cells - These are things that I assumed to be the case, but couldn't find any documentation to confirm. The most notable example of this would be rain-sensing windshield wipers; I don't believe I've seen anything that actually says the Platinum trim has rain-sensing wipers... I assume it does though so I've marked it as "Standard" with a yellow background.
Also, some cells were made yellow because they may be important.
Pink cells - (see "Column A" description above)

Big section of green "Standard" cells making up the bottom of the file - these are features that come on every 2022 Ford Lightning.

P.S. Sorry about the seat descriptions... they're confusing in Ford's literature and they're confusing in my spreadsheet. I wanted to break-out the features in order to make it easier to assign them values. Like, what is the "value" of having the seat settings stored in memory? What's the "value" of a manual passenger lumbar adjustment? I very badly want ventilated seats, so I wanted to have that feature broken-out so that I could assign that specific functionality its own "value".

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options Example - portion of 0.9 filled-i

View attachment 37246

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options 0.9 empty
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
great sheet, platty range is 280 miles, not 300

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Wow, great work :) Thank you...

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Where was this yesterday???? :)

I did the same and also ended with a 4000 value prop of the XLT SR over the pro.
If you also then factor in the ability to procure the 7500 tax rebate in 22’ compared to waiting for a pro (and tax incentive) that will likely never come…

Then the difference becomes
13000-4000+7500= 1500 more for the XLT.

Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
You should add a value option to getting a Lightning in 22. Call it ‘Ford ADM’

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Nice work, fellow spreadsheet geek...

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks for the spreadsheet work.

Your row called "Max towing" is listing the regular towing capacities:

Probably should look like this:
ProXLTXLT $9.5kXLT ERLariatLariat ERPlatinum
Regular towing (estimated lbs)
5000​
5000​
5000​
7700​
5000​
7700​
N/A​
Max Towing Package
7700​
7700​
7700​
10000​
7700​
10000​
8400​

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options 1642884572277

OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Thanks for all the ideas! I'll probably put in all the suggestions (along with a couple I noticed) late tonight or tomorrow morning.

The biggest thing I noticed on my own is I basically have two rows for "driver's seat memory", so one of those will be deleted.

Thanks for the spreadsheet work.

Your row called "Max towing" is listing the regular towing capacities:

Probably should look like this:
ProXLTXLT $9.5kXLT ERLariatLariat ERPlatinum
Regular towing (estimated lbs)
5000​
5000​
5000​
7700​
5000​
7700​
N/A​
Max Towing Package
7700​
7700​
7700​
10000​
7700​
10000​
8400​

1642884572277.png
I tried to make the number in that row update based on whether you set the Max Trailer Towing Package to "0" or "865". Maybe I should move one of those rows so that they're right next to each other.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks for all the ideas! I'll probably put in all the suggestions (along with a couple I noticed) late tonight or tomorrow morning.

The biggest thing I noticed on my own is I basically have two rows for "driver's seat memory", so one of those will be deleted.

I tried to make the number in that row update based on whether you set the Max Trailer Towing Package to "0" or "865". Maybe I should move one of those rows so that they're right next to each other.
Or if it dynamically updates just call “Towing Capacity”

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Thanks again for the positive feedback!

I've updated the top post with a new file, v1.01. All the suggestions in the thread were added/addressed along with a few other things.

Edit - Oops, I found some issues that I'm fixing "real quick", file will be updated to 1.01 and uploaded ASAP
Done

Changes...
For anyone you who will copy values from v0.9 to v1.0, most of the rows are still in the same order, but these rows were deleted or moved... (row numbers are from v0.9)
* Deleted - Row 92 - Drivers seat position stored in memory
* Moved - Row 3 - Large battery
* Moved - Row 28 - 9.6kW Pro Power Onboard
* Moved - Row 100 - Memory stores pedal, seat, and mirror positions
* Moved - Row 105 - Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory

* Section of cells with all the calculations moved to the top of the file
* Platinum range updated to 280 miles - credit to tbinmd
* Superfluous "drivers seat memory" row deleted
* Max Trailer Towing Package sort-of linked with 9.6kW Pro Power Onboard - credit to Fordskeptic
* Row added to include dealer charges (each trim has its own value since it seems like it might not be consistent) - credit to Jbauer
* "Max towing" option label changed to "Towing capacity" - credit to p52Ranch
* Row added to include expected discounts (each trim has its own value since it may vary based on availability/timing)
* Some cell colors updated/corrected
* "Manual tilt/telescoping steering column" cell for Lariat trim corrected

* Bug in Lariat calculation that was introduced in v1.0 was fixed in v1.01 (I don't think anyone downloaded v1.0, so this shouldn't have affected anyone)

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options Example - portion of 1.01 filled-i

Last edited:

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Is there a way to have a tab for the Canadian market, or would it be too negligible to try include?

OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Is there a way to have a tab for the Canadian market, or would it be too negligible to try include?
I think it would be great to make a Canadian version of the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of figuring out what is different between the US and Canadian versions. Are they basically identical other than the Pro is officially unavailable (as opposed to being virtually unavailable in the US) and the prices are different?

OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
I updated the file again (available for download in post #1). This update doesn't change much, but it addresses an odd thing I noticed about the Lariat (non-ER) trim...

The online configurator doesn't seem to allow you to have the "Tow Technology Package" and "phone as a key" equipped at the same time. To explain further, in the list of interior options, "Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0" is listed twice, as if it's two separate options. The first one has a price of $2220 and the second one is basically free with the "Tow Technology Package". The only difference in their descriptions, that I see, is the first one includes "phone as a key" and the second one doesn't. Curiously, the website won't allow you to have the first "Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0" (the $2220 one) and the "Tow Technology Package" added at the same time.

Max Tow + Tow Tech = OK
Max Tow + Tow Tech + (free) Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 (without phone as a key) = OK
Max Tow + $2220 Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 (with phone as a key) = OK
Tow Tech + $2220 Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 (with phone as a key) = No Go!

I don't know if this is a bug in the online configurator or what, but the spreadsheet now matches it by letting you know that you can't have the $2220 option and the Tow Technology Package added at the same time.

I also moved the "phone as a key" option row so that it's next to the $2220 option group. Oh, and I fixed the price too (it was set to $2200 before, oops!).

Argh, I now see the borders of "Option Group #1" aren't right in version 1.2... I'll fix that and upload v1.21...)

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options Example - portion of 1.2 filled-i

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Why is the EV tax credit added to the cost of the XLT to Platinum, but subtracted from the cost of the Pro
Sponsored