• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Oooof the hype is building up, this is going to be an awesome week. This is the first shot I've seen where carplay is actually visualized, big center view. I like that there's still UI buttons under it from the standard operating system (AC, etc.).

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
All I want to see is the payload sticker on an XLT😢

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I hadn't noticed the copper-colored trim piece around the center screen until now. I think I like it but I'll be interested to see how it looks in person.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I hadn't noticed the copper-colored trim piece around the center screen until now. I think I like it but I'll be interested to see how it looks in person.
Seems like there is a lot of reflection in that photo. Could it be wood grain ? 🤷🏼‍♂️
⚡

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
So is this the black seats that is listed on the ordering page when we ordered. I'm hoping so, because I did not want black seats at all.
Same, I'm a bit surprised but I like it. Looks dark enough in the center to not look faded quick

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I like that there's still UI buttons under it from the standard operating system (AC, etc.).
Yep! I do not care for the ID.4 infotainment all that much and just want to be in carplay all the time. It'll be nice to access many functions without toggling out of carplay.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Was there ambient lighting in the cupholders and bins or is it removed too ?

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
Why are there so many buttons on the steering wheel? The whole thing looks cheap. Is this really a Lariat?

There are so many numbers and information on that driver display, it's giving me anxiety.

This may have just made my decision to decline delivery and keep my Rivian.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Why are there so many buttons on the steering wheel? The whole thing looks cheap. Is this really a Lariat?

There are so many numbers and information on that driver display, it's giving me anxiety.

Take delivery and flip it for 10-15k profit

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
So is this the black seats that is listed on the ordering page when we ordered. I'm hoping so, because I did not want black seats at all.
These are the "black" seats. The only seats that come on the Lightning Lariat. The lighter grey in the middle isn't quite as light as the pics make it look from what I saw at the roadshow event, but still a nice two-tone medium grey with black. They're nice seats and comfortable, and not as in your face as the design of the Platinum seats with the badges and stripes.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

That is pretty standard F150 - Same as in the ICE trucks. Not sure why extra information gives you anxiety - I would much rather know things like battery and motor temp to understand the performance envelope I am operating in vs. having to guess or intuit all the time.

The Mach-e doesn't give that information - best you get is a power bar that gets decremented for various things, but you don't know what - is it too hot, too cold, battery charge too low, something else - who knows!

My Raptor lets me know engine and transmission temp at all times (nice) and my GT350 tells me absolutely everything which I love. Gotta watch that oil and cylinder head temp to know what RPM and throttle the engine can take safely!

Edit: None of this really applies if you are just puttering around town or highway cruising - but if you are pushing the vehicle to or over it's limits, knowing this is key to both safety and performance.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

People who tow like to have lots of information on the instrument panel. For example, the F150L is one of the few EVs that have surfaced battery and motor temperature. Even if you don't tow, temperature displays will make it easier to relate battery temperature to charging rates and power output.

I'm a fan of dedicated buttons. I don't like multifunction dials that require multiple steps to surface basic features.
Sponsored