• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Suggestions for OBDlink CX data

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
I just bought an OBDlink CX, and there are so many possible data points that can be monitored. Most apply to ICE vehicles.

How do you guys have the app set up?

scott
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
A Better Route Planner should be compatible with that, I know some users use that as it shows vehicle data (relevant to EV) and also gives you charging/navigation.

I know you need to subscribe for Android Auto support, but the OBD link should work without the subscription.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I just bought an OBDlink CX, and there are so many possible data points that can be monitored. Most apply to ICE vehicles.

How do you guys have the app set up?

scott
I use mine with iApps ABRP (paid) and CarScanner…unfortunately, TorquePro only has an app for Android

I find the OBDLink iApp with the 2022 Ford paid add-on gives you a deeper access to the PIDs, but I find their app overly difficult to setup.

As for ABRP & CarScanner, although you can run both at the same time, I find doing so appears to inhibit CarScanner from reading consistently reading the PID data. Also, I find ABRP does not record the outdoor temperature of my trucks route of travel, so I have to make a mental note of this during each trip segment and write it down at my pit stops.

I’m using OBDLinked ABRP to plan the location/duration of my Charge Sessions. I export the route to Waze and run them concurrently via wireless CarPlay….Waze for traffic/road hazards an ABRP to monitor my trip energy use, current SoC and projected SoC.

I periodically use CarScanner to monitor charge sessions (I force close ABRP when doing so) so I can build a better expectation of my expected rate of charge during different charge scenarios.

OP
OP

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
I did buy it mostly for use with ABRP, but their own app had data fields. The pre loaded ones were mostly ICE oriented. If I dig through the hundreds of possibilities there are some that are EV specific, but nothing that jumps out at me. And there seems to be no organization of what is available.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I did buy it mostly for use with ABRP, but their own app had data fields. The pre loaded ones were mostly ICE oriented. If I dig through the hundreds of possibilities there are some that are EV specific, but nothing that jumps out at me. And there seems to be no organization of what is available.
The 2022 paid Ford add-on will give you access to most of the Lightng PIDs, I just found the OBDLink iapp just to cumbersome to work with…….
Sponsored