• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunrun & Charge Station Pro on dealer stock purchase - how does it work?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I bought a Lightning Lariat ER 10/13/22 - it was just delivered to dealer and the original customer declined to take it. I asked about the FCSP and they were clueless - they have only sold a handful of Lightnings. Will their order processing notify Sunrun? I just want to make sure it's not being sent to the original person who backed out. Surely Sunrun waits until there is a purchase agreement to send out the unit, right?

10/18/Update - not hearing anything I started a Ford Chat. They were unable to help but referred m to the Ford New Vehicle Support Team. Called them and they could not help but gave me a Sunrun number. Called that number and the IVR wanted an account number. Pressing 0 eventually got me to a rep. They were unable to help but transferred to me the "Ford team". Finally someone who could help. Their number is 844-809-4330.

This person was able to pull the record for the VIN since I did not have an Order Id. She confirmed there was an order and it had my correct name and address. But it had the wrong email, presumably the original reservation holder. Got that corrected and she said I would receive an email wanting to confirm my address. Knowing this confirmation step required the original order id number I asked if she knew that and she gladly gave it to me - an 8-digit number.

10/20/22 Update - still no email so I went to the verification website manually (https://shop.sunrun.com/ford/address/lookup/). It found my order using Order ID, zip code and last name. I was given the confirmation page where it had prefilled my name and address. Phone number was my son’s - no idea how they got that. And email was blank. I changed email and phone and submitted. Said they would ship out the charger and I would get a tracking email.

10/24/22 Update - got a FedEx Ship Notice that it is scheduled to be delivered 10/27. I have still not received a single email from Sunrun. The FedEx notice is because I signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager.

10/26 Update - Delivered! Still have not received a single email from Sunrun.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I bought a Lightning Lariat ER yesterday - it was just delivered to dealer and the original customer declined to take it. I asked about the FCSP and they were clueless - they have only sold a handful of Lightnings. Will their order processing notify Sunrun? I just want to make sure it's not being sent to the original person who backed out. Surely Sunrun waits until there is a purchase agreement to send out the unit, right?
I know for ordered Lightnings, Sunrun will contact he buyer to verify the address before shipping out the unit. You could give Sunrun a call and ask about your specific situation.