• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunrun charges

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2022 Lightning Lariat with the extended battery and I let Sunrun install my Ford charger that was quoted at 1650.00 dollars.
I tried to pay the installer but they wouldn’t take it and said; I would receive a bill.
I had not received a bill but I got an email instead and it stated that I had missed two payments (At that time I had not received anything)
I called and was told that I owed over 9000.00 dollars but my quote says 1650.00 dollars. I didn’t ask for anything other than to get my charger installed .
I asked what I was being charged for and they told me I was being charged for my solar ,the problem is I have had my solar for about two years. She then asked if I could prove it.
I know that things can get mixed up but this isn’t funny.
So if you plan on using Sunrun be very careful with your recipes they can be very important.
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
An honest mistake on their part??

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
An honest mistake on their part??
Given all the stories of incompetence ..... oyyyyyy I sometimes wonder how they remain in business

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Given all the stories of incompetence ..... oyyyyyy I sometimes wonder how they remain in business
I'm so glad that we did not use sunrun for our rooftop solar. When their sales guy (super nice, seemed to be well connected and knowledgeable with electric utilities, but come to think of it, could not provide all of the details of their proposed installation when questioned after their engineers made their plan) advocated rolling the install in with reroofing by them (at cost) and bundling the whole thing for investment tax credit, I could not do business with them. Tax fraud is not my thing. After looking at the performance of my array with micro inverters (they wanted string inverters), the snow and partial shade would have killed production During fall and winter. I'd rather support one of the local companies anyway.

OP
OP

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I didn’t use Sunrun as I added solar about two years ago and we are very happy with it.
When we got our Lighting Sunrun installed the charger only .
Now that it is installed Sunrun billed us for work not done or requested.
Representative asked me if I could prove that we already had solar.
Not happy and we’ll see what happens.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I didn’t use Sunrun as I added solar about two years ago and we are very happy with it.
When we got our Lighting Sunrun installed the charger only .
Now that it is installed Sunrun billed us for work not done or requested.
Representative asked me if I could prove that we already had solar.
Not happy and we’ll see what happens.
Another case of SunRun using subcontractors to install and the billing office going by whatever they see on the work performed....

Good warning for those that choose SunRun.

Better warn folks not to be swindled...

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Can they prove you installed solar with them that day?

BigRedMax

Threads
Reaction score
Website
huskermax.com
Vehicles
2018 F-150
I used Sunrun for my rooftop solar a year and a half ago and had a good experience. Placed my Lightning order yesterday with expected delivery in 3-5 months. Will go back to my original salesman and report back on how it goes.

$1650 sounds reasonable. I have a back up generator for the house that I paid $3,500 for. The installation was 8 grand. Had no idea it would be that complicated and expensive.

OP
OP

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Can they prove you installed solar with them that day?
Glad you’re doing well with Sunrun . I finally worked my problem out with them, at least they said that they were fixing it.
We’ll see if I get the corrected bill.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Glad you’re doing well with Sunrun . I finally worked my problem out with them, at least they said that they were fixing it.
Meh they want me to pay $1400 for 70 feet of conduit that I don’t even need.

Sponsored

GoronsRock02

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi
Occupation
Banking
Did you get this fixed? Who did you contact? I started the process to install the FCSP in April. I signed a contract for $1,250.00. I am not sure why others were more expensive. Paid $150.00 up front. Took a while for them to find a local contractor although I don't know why since they are local. Finally got it installed in June. Was told to wait for the bill. July they send a bill for $4,400.00 not itemized. I called the FCSP team with Sunrun and they don't do anything with billing. Transferred me to billing who said I needed to email some dispute department. Never got a response from that department. I Called again and they said they don't see the contract so they needed me to email the contact to escalate it. I sent it and then they said they would contact me in a week. Two weeks later there was still no response so I called and all they could do was give me an email address for the case manager.

I keep getting emails and texts about this past due bill for $4,400.00 and I try to respond to them but I never get a response so either the inboxes are not monitored or my replies are just ignored. At this point I think I might have to just wait until they send it to collections and then dispute it.

OP
OP

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Sorry it is happening to you too.
I had a to call over and over and I was just about to have my lawyer call them and I finally got someone to call me back by calling accounting at 855 341 0237.
I hope you can get some help!
R Allan
Sponsored