• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunrun did not inform me that I was paying for a 50 amp circuit!

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Today the Sunrun contractors came and installed the Ford Charge Station Pro. The contractors were ontime and installed in about 2 1/2 hours! After install was complete they showed me what was done and it was then he mentioned that they installed the 50 amp circuit inside panel and now the charger is ready to charge at 37 amps! I said what?! This charger is only on a 50 amp circuit?! I already have a dual charger on a 50 amp circuit! He informed me my panel would need serious upgrade to have a 100amp circuit installed as my home has a 200 amp. He was doing his job so I thanked him for the install and went inside furious that I was not informed by Sunrun that a 50 amp circuit was what I was paying for. Hell no! If I had known that a 50 amp was what would be installed, I would not have paid $1650 for the install! I already have a dual 50 amp charger from pervious evs we owned and the current MME! The contractor told me that he was given that directive by Sunrun! The charger is dialed down to 4!🤬🤬🤬

I have sent emails to the rep who sold this and the contractor contact at Sunrun and have been told that for their further customers they will give them more info on what and how their chargers can be installed prior to purchase. Before I purchased the install package, I was told to upload pictures of my panel and the existing dual charger I have. There was not a single person who physically came out to inspect and brief me on the install. I have asked them for a refund as I am furious about this!

Ford F-150 Lightning Sunrun did not inform me that I was paying for a 50 amp circuit! 49EF46E6-849C-4600-907B-EE618F504476
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Today the Sunrun contractors came and installed the Ford Charge Station Pro. The contractors were ontime and installed in about 2 1/2 hours! After install was complete they showed me what was done and it was then he mentioned that they installed the 50 amp circuit inside panel and now the charger is ready to charge at 37 amps! I said what?! This charger is only on a 50 amp circuit?! I already have a dual charger on a 50 amp circuit! He informed me my panel would need serious upgrade to have a 100amp circuit installed as my home has a 200 amp. He was doing his job so I thanked him for the install and went inside furious that I was not informed by Sunrun that a 50 amp circuit was what I was paying for. Hell no! If I had known that a 50 amp was what would be installed, I would not have paid $1650 for the install! I already have a dual 50 amp charger from pervious evs we owned and the current MME! The contractor told me that he was given that directive by Sunrun! The charger is dialed down to 4!🤬🤬🤬

I have sent emails to the rep who sold this and the contractor contact at Sunrun and have been told that for their further customers they will give them more info on what and how their chargers can be installed prior to purchase. Before I purchased the install package, I was told to upload pictures of my panel and the existing dual charger I have. There was not a single person who physically came out to inspect and brief me on the install. I have asked them for a refund as I am furious about this!
Good luck…what does your written (email) quote details say what was to be installed? Thank goodness I live in a non-SunRun State……….

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant

I’ve seen a lot of folks say they’re ticked they’re not getting itemized quotes with details of the scope of work. Fortunately/unfortunately we’re not serviced by Sunrun, so I don’t have much to add. Seems like they’re giving blanket quotes for these installs. I’d be mad too!

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Got a 100 amp run in a 200 amp house - completely doable/safe depending on how much of the rest of your house runs on electric vs natural gas.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
SunRun is a joke

sorry, mate

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Got a 100 amp run in a 200 amp house - completely doable/safe depending on how much of the rest of your house runs on electric vs natural gas.
Heck, I am going to have 100A run on a 150amp house (electrician already reviewed and wiring is pulled, going to add a sub panel and split it between my existing EVSE and a derated FCSP). It is all about your other loads.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Hopefully there is an itemized quote for the installation that is not what you ordered. Followed by a charge back on your credit card. I would be furious about this. There is no need to add the fcsp if you already have a 50amp evse. If they decided that your mcp required an upgrade of service to install at 80amps they should have told you before installation at the lower capacity. Selling a service upgrade seems like another potential money maker.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Did Sunrun send you detailed info? This sucks.

Sunrun is purely a joke to charge $1650 for a 50A breaker.

Last edited:

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

I would dispute it with your credit card company. Let SunRun prove that you agreed to this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kWfart

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Good luck…what does your written (email) quote details say what was to be installed? Thank goodness I live in a non-SunRun State……….
The quote was to install the charger. I was not informed it was just for a 50 amp circuit from the pictures Sunrun wanted to see of my panel which were very clear.

OP
OP
kWfart

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Our oven, dryer and tankless water heater are gas.

OP
OP
kWfart

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
I am a little bit confused from reading your post. Did you explicitly ask them to remove your old dual charger and the existing 50 amp breaker? If you were not explicit in that instruction....well it sounds like the contractor did what he could for you given what was going on in the panel. Did you think you were going to keep a 50 amp circuit with a dual charger AND a 100 amp with the FCSP?

Also is that $1650 just labor or was that everything? Sorry to hear you did not get what you wanted but do not fret. Im sure it will get worked out.
I did not ask them to replace my dual 50 amp charger. I informed them that I have an existing charge station inside garage and want the FCSP outdoors on 100 amp. I was told to upload pics of panel and was told it would be no problem for that charger on your panel. The charge was for install as I purchased a Lariat and it was included with truck.

OP
OP
kWfart

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Do you know how many breakers you have inside your panel? That really is going to be the determining factor as far as the electrician goes. I dont think you should get a full refund, sans the electrician ripping out what he installed.

If anything its a simple switch from 6/4 to 4/4 and a breaker swap depending on if conduit was used. Thats atleast what I would ask for from Sunrun. Its just bizarre to me that some random person can install a FCSP with access to your breaker box without you approving it. They would have to break into them here in LA or the house.
This is before Sunrun install

Ford F-150 Lightning Sunrun did not inform me that I was paying for a 50 amp circuit! C9CC0E52-5139-4879-A6BC-3C89B75D9663

OP
OP
kWfart

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
So I am just going to say that I also would not install a 100 amp breaker in that panel unless the 50 amp car charger was removed. Panel upgrades are not a big deal, just a lot of tedious work getting everything mounted and nice and neat.

I would highly recommend thinking about a panel upgrade that gives you more breaker slots. Just my opinion, but I rewired my entired house, swapped my old panel with a new one and I have an outside sub panel.
My deal with Sunrun is why was I not informed in the beginning before payment that could be the only option! There were many more pics I submitted so they had all the information necessary to give me that choice. Also if someone could have physically inspected before the purchase of install🤬
Sponsored