• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4 error today (black screen)

zellah

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
So I left my truck parked in my driveway for a couple hours in 100 degree heat and when I got in the screen was black. I thought at first that it got too hot and shut down but the backup camera worked.

i tried restarting the truck a couple times to no avail. I googled issues with Sync4 and found that to do a soft reset you hold both the volume down and forward (next track) buttons on the steering wheel for 10-15 seconds. This worked. Gonna see if there are any issues in the morning.

Just wanted to share in case anyone runs into this (as you can’t access your owners manual if the screen doesn’t work)
Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Had the same happen to me this afternoon but without the heat issues. Was working fine, turned car off and went into a movies with the family. Returned to the car and the screen was dead black. Interesting though that the cameras work when in reverse, although the surrounding area is still black. You can’t get to any audio or temp controls While the screen is dead naturally. The soft reset worked for me as well.

motti

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Hi, having the same issue today and the soft reset it not responding. I am pressing the volume button in and the next button on the steering wheel. Any other ideas?

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
Hi, having the same issue today and the soft reset it not responding. I am pressing the volume button in and the next button on the steering wheel. Any other ideas?
I had the same thing happen to me on Sunday. I ran a quick errand came back out and Back Screen. I attempted multiple soft resets, even pulled over and turned the truck off, stepped out and shut the doors and waited a minute. Still black screen drove it home, and parked it. Came back an hour later worked fine.

No idea why it stopped or why it came back, just glad it did.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into this concern on my end.

Sponsored

motti

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Thanks all, turned the truck on this AM and the screen is working normally, very weird...

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
I got the 3.5.5 update last night. I drove around 170 miles today broken up into separate segments. I had issues most of the day with calls not going to blue tooth and then towards the end of the day I got a totally black screen. When I put it in reverse I would get the camera, but back in drive nothing. I rebooted it with the two buttons on the steering wheel and it came back to life. I will keep an eye on it and see if it continues.
Sponsored