• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tail-gating/Frunk-gating mod ideas

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I am fascinated with the potential of the F150 Lighting as a tail-gating/frunk-gating masterpiece. Speakers, TV's, microwaves, Treager, etc. Can you all share your best tailgating photos and ideas as inspiration - much appreciated!
Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Induction burners would be great for tailgating. They're efficient and don't actually get hot (the pans get hot). Cook chili, saute peppers and onions for sausages, quesadillas, grilled cheese, or even boxed mac and cheese - really anything you'd cook on a stovetop.

A high powered blender would be a great crowd pleaser to make large batches of margaritas, pina coladas, and daiquiris. They are not common at a tailgate.

A TV and Xbox/PS5 would be nice for Madden throwdowns. Hook up a streaming stick and pull down a stream of the pregame or another game. Or use a VPN and pull down a stream of your local game if you don't have tickets. You'll have enough juice to play it all loud with a home theater receiver and some speakers if you've got an accommodating crowd. Could even do a roll up projector screen.

An electric fryer would be great for fries, jalapeno poppers, fish, chicken wings, etc. (Come on, you don't need my help to think of good fried foods.) Since you're frying outside your house won't smell like a wing shop when you're done.

A pop up canopy and some plug in cafe light strings would be good for an after-game tailgate or tailgating before a night game.

Parabolic heaters are nice to hang out in front of to warm up when it's late in the season.

If it's extra hot, run a few box fans off the tailgate for a breeze.

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Induction burners would be great for tailgating. They're efficient and don't actually get hot (the pans get hot). Cook chili, saute peppers and onions for sausages, quesadillas, grilled cheese, or even boxed mac and cheese - really anything you'd cook on a stovetop.

A high powered blender would be a great crowd pleaser to make large batches of margaritas, pina coladas, and daiquiris. They are not common at a tailgate.

A TV and Xbox/PS5 would be nice for Madden throwdowns. Hook up a streaming stick and pull down a stream of the pregame or another game. Or use a VPN and pull down a stream of your local game if you don't have tickets. You'll have enough juice to play it all loud with a home theater receiver and some speakers if you've got an accommodating crowd. Could even do a roll up projector screen.

An electric fryer would be great for fries, jalapeno poppers, fish, chicken wings, etc. (Come on, you don't need my help to think of good fried foods.) Since you're frying outside your house won't smell like a wing shop when you're done.

A pop up canopy and some plug in cafe light strings would be good for an after-game tailgate or tailgating before a night game.

Parabolic heaters are nice to hang out in front of to warm up when it's late in the season.

If it's extra hot, run a few box fans off the tailgate for a breeze.
All great ideas, Thank you. I think I'll start by ordering some blenders - Maybe the Margaritaville brand.🍹🍹🍹

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
I am fascinated with the potential of the F150 Lighting as a tail-gating/frunk-gating masterpiece. Speakers, TV's, microwaves, Treager, etc. Can you all share your best tailgating photos and ideas as inspiration - much appreciated!
All great ideas, Thank you. I think I'll start by ordering some blenders - Maybe the Margaritaville brand.🍹🍹🍹
BLENDERS! and electric coolers.

My primary plan is to plug in the travel trailer so I can boondock and run everything it has that is 100v AC.
Sponsored