• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Offering additional $3000 or Free SC with Trade-In

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m wondering if the additional $3k is after they have lowballed you on trade in. Let’s see if this offer extends to the Y and 3. Will they start including other manufacturers too.

Tesla is now offering additional discounts or free Supercharging incentives with the purchase of new Model S and Model X vehicles, but the automaker is requiring owners to trade in an existing car.

Tesla has gotten off to a fast start in 2023 with substantial price cuts that, when coupled with government incentives, can discount vehicles by roughly $20,000 on qualifying vehicles. As we reported yesterday, Tesla seems focused on pushing sales figures up earlier in the quarter, opting for an earlier strategy as opposed to the end-of-quarter pushes that it has utilized in the past.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-tsla-discount-trade-in-cars-free-supercharging-sales-demand/amp/
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is called - can I make my competition blink? Or, "crap, we're still not making our numbers".

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is called - can I make my competition blink? Or, "crap, we're still not making our numbers".
They aren’t making their numbers, interest rates and the whole Crypto fall have put the brakes on their sales. Not to mention competition.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They aren’t making their numbers, interest rates and the whole Crypto fall have put the brakes on their sales. Not to mention competition.
I know. Puts a smile on my face. As does the Twitter debacle. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
Yikes.

I asked my magic 8 ball if Tesla was okay and it just alternated between ask again later, and reply hazy, try again.

😬

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I thought since thy lowered their prices they have a huge back log. In fact have started to bring prices back up by $2500 on model Y. No?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I thought since thy lowered their prices they have a huge back log. In fact have started to bring prices back up by $2500 on model Y. No?
They have such a huge backlog that two months after your post they lowered prices again…..

Although, I think this time it’s to make room for the Cybertruck

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
They have such a huge backlog that two months after your post they lowered prices again…..

Although, I think this time it’s to make room for the Cybertruck
I had read somewhere that they built these expensive factories with the capacity to make lots of cars. For them it is money wise to lower the cost of the vehicles and run at a higher capacity than to slow things down at the factory and make more money per car. Something along the lines of the factory doesn't scale well to making fewer cars. I still think the Model Y is a great car/value for $55K less $7500 less state incentives. I almost got the impression more price cuts to come.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I had read somewhere that they built these expensive factories with the capacity to make lots of cars. For them it is money wise to lower the cost of the vehicles and run at a higher capacity than to slow things down at the factory and make more money per car. Something along the lines of the factory doesn't scale well to making fewer cars. I still think the Model Y is a great car/value for $55K less $7500 less state incentives. I almost got the impression more price cuts to come.
I think it’s now $49k minus $7500! It’s a steal!
Sponsored