• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Pretty good review - they picked on a lot of things I think we all know about by now but they were at least very honest about it.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
7-28-22 New Car & Driver video review, Platinum of course. Basically the same as the article review.

Last edited:

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I wonder if these reviewers are using one pedal driving in braking tests? I bet the regen that starts in that split second where you let off on the "go" pedal and press the brake pedal helps take the edge off of each braking event so there's not as much fade after 4 stops. Might be nice to have brakes that are a little bit bigger, but I would think the regen in general would make that less necessary depending on how much Ford blends it during hard braking.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Rode in my wife's Explorer the other day. Was wondering why Ford has not yet done the same thing there - just make an Explorer EV with straight up the same size, features, styling, as the ICE model.
Nobody wants an EV nerd-alert-vehicle.
They just want a functional vehicle. Weekend project and toy hauler for the pickup and a Grocery getter / Kid taxi for the mid-sized SUV like the Explorer.
Sponsored