• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The liner delay is real…..

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Coming up on two weeks stuck at “body company” with a 5/30 blend 6/15 in production Pro SR. In production, no built status.

@Ford Motor Company customer service phone chat just said to “check back in August”.

my dealer said the liner shouldn’t cause delay, but I’ve had no chip holds the entire time, so it’s hard to imagine what else it could be….
Sponsored

DarkAirforce

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Coming up on two weeks stuck at “body company” with a 5/30 blend 6/15 in production Pro SR. In production, no built status.

@Ford Motor Company customer service phone chat just said to “check back in August”.

my dealer said the liner shouldn’t cause delay, but I’ve had no chip holds the entire time, so it’s hard to imagine what else it could be….
My blend was after yours and I had the Spray in bed liner. Mine shipped.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I reviewed this on my build week and all I saw was a delay in progress of up to 3 days.

Most likely the status just hasn't been updated and your just waiting in line to be shipped out.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I reviewed this on my build week and all I saw was a delay in progress of up to 3 days.

Most likely the status just hasn't been updated and your just waiting in line to be shipped out.
I have seen a bunch that deliver before ever seeing “shipped” status but I think I’d be the first to ship or deliver without even getting “built” status

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, it’s real, 3 days. To get the Truck to the shop, sprayed, cured and then transported back. Your Truck would not ship any sooner without the liner. The delay is in getting cars on Rail.

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I believe that it really depends how many vehicles that need the liner at the current moment that yours comes off of the line. Sometimes it goes fast and sometimes it is slow. I ordered my 21 F150 Powerboost last year and it sat there waiting to get the spray in bedliner for 7 days. So this year I decided to not order the bedliner and get it done when it gets here. If I would have know that it would take 2 months and 3 days before it shipped from the time it rolled off the assembly line, I would have gone ahead and included the liner.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, it’s real, 3 days. To get the Truck to the shop, sprayed, cured and then transported back. Your Truck would not ship any sooner without the liner. The delay is in getting cars on Rail.
mine has showed 2 weeks at body company. I don’t think it ships rail to St. Louis

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
mine has showed 2 weeks at body company. I don’t think it ships rail to St. Louis
Mine showed Blue Island and I was taking delivery at the dealership. The VRR is not updated as it should be. Again, your Truck most likely would not have shipped 2 weeks ago without the liner.

This whole rumor about the bed liner delay started last year with the shortage of plastic.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
For the week of 6/13, there were 299 spray-ins. Mine was number 253. The truck sits in my garage. They have a pretty fast process over there, so unless they found defects in your particular case, I can't imagine there are delays over there.

Also, from what I've seen the VVR is sometimes out-of-order. Mine had "released to body company" a few lines above the actual return to ramp 59 (when it was completed). Do you have the VVR or is someone looking at it for you? They need to look for the latest date.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
It's not the liner. Mine was built June 6, liner sprayed seamlessly, shipped to Florida, delivered July 23. Same for my '21 KR Powerboost bulity 5/7/21 delivered 5/26/21. This whole liner spray delay thing is an urban myth, made up to have something to say/discuss. The sad part is that it has people actually making bad decisions about initial order specs. Same for the OEM bed covers. I've had them on both of the last truck, zero delay or issues compared to not having them.

Some folks think it is no big deal, just install them aftermarket - but then you have the hassle and lose the fact that the OEM versions of both the Retrax bed cover and the spray bed liner come with the OEM warranty, while the aftermarket variants do not. Further, both are cheaper directly from Ford than buying aftermarket, although the Retrax can be purchased at par when on sale and if shipping is free.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Some folks think it is no big deal, just install them aftermarket - but then you have the hassle and lose the fact that the OEM versions of both the Retrax bed cover and the spray bed liner come with the OEM warranty, while the aftermarket variants do not. Further, both are cheaper directly from Ford than buying aftermarket, although the Retrax can be purchased at par when on sale and if shipping is free.
Yes! You don't want to have to get stuck with a lifetime warranty from the likes of LineX...make sure you get that 5-year warranty from Ford!

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Yes! You don't want to have to get stuck with a lifetime warranty from the likes of LineX...make sure you get that 5-year warranty from Ford!
I have found LineX quality to be spotty at best, uneven thickness, inconsistent application and prep methods, and overspray everywhere. I had it on about eight trucks, switched as soon as Ford started offering an OEM version, and not just for the nice FORD sprayed-in logo. Never again with LineX. It is far more expensive than OEM Ford, with upsells and silly "quality" differentials between their lines. They've gotten to the level of the fancy paint wax and fabric protection "systems" folks - understanding that people will buy anything for their truck-babies, so push the pricing window with levels of warranties, etc. Almost shameful.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I have found LineX quality to be spotty at best, uneven thickness, inconsistent application and prep methods, and overspray everywhere. I had it on about eight trucks, switched as soon as Ford started offering an OEM version, and not just for the nice FORD sprayed-in logo. Never again with LineX. It is far more expensive than OEM Ford, with upsells and silly "quality" differentials between their lines. They've gotten to the level of the fancy paint wax and fabric protection "systems" folks - understanding that people will buy anything for their truck-babies, so push the pricing window with levels of warranties, etc. Almost shameful.
When is the last time you got a quote? It is $600 for the OEM and $600 for the similar Line X where I live.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
:rolleyes:

Sounds like your local LineX sucks and why in the world would you go through eight trucks with bad service like that? There are other brands that I would have tried after two bad jobs! The LineX here in San Antonio is great and I NEVER had problems with overspray, uneven thickness, or any other problem with the base spray...which is just about the same cost as the OEM spray.

Yes, I know you are going to come back with you tried LineX in Florida, Maryland, North Dakota, Chile, and Bora Bora.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I wish Ford did color matching like LineX does. I am planning on doing color matched LineX spray when I get mine.
Sponsored