• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging??

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
So While researching the painfully long time it will take for the Federal funding to build out the DCFC network, I stumbled across a new approved building permit from TESLA for an 88 stall Supercharging station in Quartzite, AZ (among several other proposed mega sites in CA) Tesla already has a 36 stall charger in the same location whereas There is only 1 EA station in this particular location with only 3 of the 4 stalls working. This has become a regular bottleneck for the massive influx of new EV drivers that are required to stop for the long stretch from LA to AZ. There is now a line almost every day. Yesterday for example had up to 17 EVs waiting to charge and the que remained that was for the majority of the day. Now reading thru all of the info, I have not rock solid confirmation on this but Speculation tells me that this new Supercharger may indeed allow non teslas to charge using the Magic Dock that Tesla has been working on. When built, the new Supercharger will have Several pull thru stalls for EVS pulling trailers as well as leaving the existing Superchargers in place making the total amount of stalls at this single location to 124 charging stalls! Fingers crossed!

Ford F-150 Lightning The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging?? BCF373DF-E36E-4438-A91C-9B765447CEDA

Ford F-150 Lightning The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging?? CAEF683E-EFB3-4950-BB73-F56090739F01

Ford F-150 Lightning The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging?? 05D76860-8693-4334-9516-46D43EADFFE4
Sponsored

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y, Honda Ridgeline
I’d sure be excited if they did this but it may be premature. In Kettleman city (Ca) Tesla built a massive Supercharger station with a coffee shop, solar Covers etc. earlier this year they finished a second massive site with about 40 stations Just 1/8 of a mile away. I assumed what you did that these would be equipped for CCS or at least for towing. Unfortunately they are all Tesla only which is great for us when we drive our Y but sucks when we drive our Lightning and have to play the “will this one work?” Game at the closest EA station. Here’s a pic of us charging at the new Kettleman station at one of the two set up for towing. We are using our Y to haul patio furniture to our cabin Prior to the F150 arriving. I think Elon is holding off as long as possible to make the Tesla moat as wide and deep as possible one day I imagine these will all be dual CCS Tesla stations and the other location nearby will be Tesla only with the coffee shop, gift shop, clean restrooms etc
Ford F-150 Lightning The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging?? 1669585342567

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Tesla is doing this in most European countries. It wouldn’t surprise me if they start installing CCS chargers in the US soon. Tesla also just introduced an adapter to charge Teslas at CCS plugs, so the communication hardware should be compatible to go the other direction.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Unless they fit the stations with CCS-1 it looks like exclusively for Tesla's

Ford F-150 Lightning The possible start of TESLA allowing non Tesla supercharging?? 1669595965078

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Unless they fit the stations with CCS-1 it looks like exclusively for Tesla's

1669595965078.png