• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

To Air Bag or not to Air Bag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT - FX4
I have a '22 Powerboost FX4 with Max Trailer Tow package coming. My order sheet says that includes a 7350# GVWR package (I think that's the heavy payload package) so I'm assuming that's what my trucks GVWR is going to be. My trailer specs are 6600 GVWR, tongue weight 397lbs, dry weight 4960 lbs, cargo capacity 1640 lbs (I'm assuming the dry weight plus cargo capacity = my GVWR)

According to the Ford towing spec sheet my truck will have a GCWR of 12,400. Are most people's door sticker's the same as the advertised specs for curb weight, GVWR etc? I'm thinking that as long as I don't have both my truck and the trailer weighed down to their maximum GVWR's we should be fine but I am curious about the tongue weight and squat on the truck, guess I'll wait and see what it looks like before i decide on bags or not. Open to info from anyone with a similar set up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jmet8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Hey you may want to check out The Backroad driver on YouTube. Sams white truck called the Hammer. They have some springs that will help it not squat. Good info. It’s called Roadmaster active suspension.