• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Total/dealer selling price changed on Ford.com after order submitted

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Placed order on 9-7, order accepted and scheduled for production week of 10-17. Total was $77664, last week when I was looking and the total was still the same. Some time in the last couple days or so the price increased to $79,884. A $2220 increase. This happens to be the price of the the co-pilot360 with tow tech. I know others had mentioned that this was a flaw in the build in price. I can understand the build and price not being a guarantee. But ordering a vehicle based on a total price online and then having Ford change the price after the order is a bit troubling. My opinion is Ford should honor the price. If when I ordered it showed a different/higher price than the B&P, then I could accept that.

I had a screenshot and print out from before, and have sent it to the dealer. Waiting for an explanation and reply

Question is, has anyone else had their price change after ordering?
Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Multiple people have run into this before as there are multiple threads about this on here. With that said, I didn’t think anyone had it lowered.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If you read the agreement when you place your order, it very clearly states that it is not a contract to purchase, it is not an invoice, and pricing is subject to change and set by the selling dealer at time of purchase contract execution.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Wait til they add tax, title and license fees.... How dare they.... It sounds like you knew there was a system glitch obviously just be happy your dealer isn't charging ADM (yet)

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If you read the agreement when you place your order, it very clearly states that it is not a contract to purchase, it is not an invoice, and pricing is subject to change and set by the selling dealer at time of purchase contract execution.
I didn’t state it was legally binding, but they are quoting a price and then changing it after the order is placed. This isn’t the dealer changing the price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jer

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Wait til they add tax, title and license fees.... How dare they.... It sounds like you knew there was a system glitch obviously just be happy your dealer isn't charging ADM (yet)
Actually I didn’t know anything about the glitch until after the order was placed. No TTL in my state.

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Multiple people have run into this before as there are multiple threads about this on here. With that said, I didn’t think anyone had it lowered.
That’s what I assumed, thanks for the info

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You ordered a $78k vehicle and you're complaining because the MSRP went up $2k well before your vehicle was built and delivered. If you're that upset about it then cancel the order.

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
You ordered a $78k vehicle and you're complaining because the MSRP went up $2k well before your vehicle was built and delivered. If you're that upset about it then cancel the order.
I asked a question asking if anyone else has had a similar experience. That’s all I was asking. Your answer was unhelpful but thanks for playing.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Lots of Ford stock holders/fanbois in this thread.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm confused, did you select those options and it not add them right away? I don't want the hands off blue cruise, so I'd be pretty upset if it was added when I didn't select it. But if an option was selected and it just wasn't computed properly, then that seems ok.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
I'm confused, did you select those options and it not add them right away? I don't want the hands off blue cruise, so I'd be pretty upset if it was added when I didn't select it. But if an option was selected and it just wasn't computed properly, then that seems ok.
I had the same; when you got to the active 360 stuff it had an option that said active 360 for trailer tech pack or something and when selected added that stuff but no access key iphone thing for $0 extra.

If you selected anything else it wanted to remove the trailer tow/tech package.

When the dealer confirmed my order it showed 360 active for $2200 extra and I said remove it so I was under the 80k limit.

My build online does show 360 active though in its blurb but not as an option likes its std.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm assuming you ordered a Lariat SR andselected the 360 Active option (minus PAAK) that seemingly came free with the Tow Tech package. As others have mentioned this has been a glitch with Build and Price since Day 1 and many threads on it already. I did notice yesterday they finally corrected B&P and now it shows that option as $2200 not $0.

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'm assuming you ordered a Lariat SR andselected the 360 Active option (minus PAAK) that seemingly came free with the Tow Tech package. As others have mentioned this has been a glitch with Build and Price since Day 1 and many threads on it already. I did notice yesterday they finally corrected B&P and now it shows that option as $2200 not $0.
Correct on the model, I didn’t realize there was a “missing” charge until sometime after the order was excepted and I read the build and price discrepancy on a thread. It is what it is, just wondering if anyone has had a dealer honor the price before and the error was fixed by Ford. I am guessing not, but worth asking. Thanks

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
It is what it is
In case you don't know it doesn't have to be the way it is. You can call the dealer and remove that feature to avoid the charge. You don't have a contractual basis to demand the feature at your initial expected price and they aren't going to goodwill it to you, but you aren't without options (paying for it or removing the feature) if it's a feature that you don't really anticipate using and you were only selecting it because it was listed as "free."
Sponsored