• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tri fold tonneau rack options

MoonWhaler

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Limited
I'm taking my first road trip in the lightning soon, and I usually take my paddleboard with me on this one. I ordered my lightning with the tri-fold tonneau cover, which I love for day-to-day use, but I'm now having trouble finding over-the-bed racks that are compatible. I'm honestly kind of wishing I'd not purchased this cover and gotten something with a system for attachments.

I'm thinking about tying my paddleboard down on top of the cover, and I can get the pocket tie downs for the rear, but don't see a good solution to tie down the front. Does anyone know of good rack systems that are compatible with the factory tri-fold cover (and quick on/off so I can open the tonneau if needed)?

I have been eyeing the renegade cover, which looks awesome, but there's no way I'll be able to justify spending that much $$$ so soon after buying the truck (with a cover no less).
Sponsored

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
Efficiency?
Yes it will reduce efficiency but probably no worse than having the rack over the bed (which would have to be taller than the cab in order to accommodate a paddleboard).

OP
OP
MoonWhaler

MoonWhaler

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Limited
Efficiency was my concern with putting it over the cab, in addition to the ease of putting it up and taking it down. I was planning to put it lower than the cab and put a red flag on the end (since it would be sticking out). I want racks like the Rivian has over the bed (low profile and easy to attach/remove) if possible.
Sponsored