• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
I'm subscribed to every build thread from August (I'm 8/15 week) and I see that everyone in California seems to be in the same boat. "Last known update is around 9/20-9/22 in Blue Island, IL". My estimated delivery date to Stockton has been stated as 9/29 - 10/5 since I got the shipped notice. When I talked to my dealer rep this week he stated that "there are a bunch of logistic issues between IL and CA and we are anticipating delays".

Has anyone received a delivery for an August build date in NorCal? Has anyone been able to track any movement out of IL? Does rail going to Richmond (NorCal) and Mira Loma (SoCal) both travel the same route?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
I found the master google sheet so I filtered to show just California deliveries from the 8/1/22 - 9/12/22 blend weeks. Looking at this makes me feel a little better, only two people have gone past their estimated delivery date. Looks like it's going to be a busy week hopefully for CA deliveries, we have about a dozen people scheduled for this week. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries California 10-2-22

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
only two people have gone past their estimated delivery date.
That's because the delivery dates keep changing.

A number of people who received theirs "before" their delivery dates received them after their original delivery dates.

My current delivery date if I call Ford is 10/3. If I look on the portal it's still 9/23. Both used to be 9/17 and I don't remember any other dates but they've changed several times.

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Makes sense, I’ll go through the individual build week threads and see if I can find the original delivery estimates after everyone changed status to shipped. That will prob give us a better indication as to what expectations should be. Mine hasn’t changed (knocks on wood). Lol

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
Just posted this info in the 8/22 thread as well. Big surprise this morning talking to Ford Chat.

After 2 weeks on no update, the truck is now shipping via convoy from the Port of Richmond to my dealer 65 miles away.

I'll give my dealer a call later today!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Awesome news Dan! Hopefully that means similar news for the rest of us. :)

Here is the spreadsheet with notes of original estimated ship dates and NorCal/SoCal when possible.

Note: Most of the delays from 8/8 and 8/15 build weeks were because we sat in MI on chip hold at the rail yard/ramp. LOL

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries California Upatate 10-3

Last edited:

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I found the master google sheet so I filtered to show just California deliveries from the 8/1/22 - 9/12/22 blend weeks. Looking at this makes me feel a little better, only two people have gone past their estimated delivery date. Looks like it's going to be a busy week hopefully for CA deliveries, we have about a dozen people scheduled for this week. :)

California 10-2-22.png
The delivery dates keep moving though. I'm on my fourth delay to ETA.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
No change in my date yet. I have delivery scheduled for 28th to the 4th. I'm not expecting my truck to be here for at least a week. I hope I'm wrong.

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is your now estimated delivery dates ?
ETA is now 10/18-10/24. The truck has been at Mira Loma (30 miles from my house) since 9/11.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
ETA is now 10/18-10/24. The truck has been at Mira Loma (30 miles from my house) since 9/11.
Wow, that's unusual - Mira Loma is UP's destination and very close to all So Cal dealers.
Mine took a day after unloading to get trucked to my dealer.

Might be: QC issue/hold, minor repairs due to transport, or trucker shortage ?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Mine is still listed as 23rd on the portal but a phone call to Ford tells me it's Oct 3 in their system...and reality is that neither are correct.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow, that's unusual - Mira Loma is UP's destination and very close to all So Cal dealers.
Mine took a day after unloading to get trucked to my dealer.

Might be: QC issue/hold, minor repairs due to transport, or trucker shortage ?
I think that is most likely the case. I've seen others in other build weeks experience the same thing as me. Not sure why it takes this long to resolve the issue. They could have built me a whole new truck and shipped it already in the time it's been sitting at Mira Loma.

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Just got done with chat....I'm in Richmond now. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Trick or Treat? - California October Deliveries 10-4-22 Status
Sponsored