• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trying To Use The F-150 Lightning As A Snow Plow

GoronsRock02

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi
Occupation
Banking
I don't care for this channel but this is something I haven't seen people try yet so it's worth a watch.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mall Crawlers .... LOL

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Before I spend any time clicking into the video can you tell me how they mounted the plow?

Watched it anyway and it wasn't half bad. Good to see others looking to get a plow set up on the Lighting.

Sadly they were not able to front mount a plow because of where the radiator is mounted (between the frame rails). Looks like there isn't any chance for existing plow mounts to work. Bummer...

I have been wondering if something could be figured out that attaches where the factory tow hooks are. There are also legitimate concerns about the 12v system but that should be easily solved by adding an additional battery to buffer the load.

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Before I spend any time clicking into the video can you tell me how they mounted the plow?

Watched it anyway and it wasn't half bad. Good to see others looking to get a plow set up on the Lighting.

Sadly they were not able to front mount a plow because of where the radiator is mounted (between the frame rails). Looks like there isn't any chance for existing plow mounts to work. Bummer...

I have been wondering if something could be figured out that attaches where the factory tow hooks are. There are also legitimate concerns about the 12v system but that should be easily solved by adding an additional battery to buffer the load.
I would imagine the answer here is a good back blade.
https://www.bossplow.com/en/products/truck-equipment/drag-pro

I haven’t been able to find any tow hook mounted blades that aren’t floating like the one in the video.

For more residential/light duty use, there’s a myriad of tow hitch mounted back blades. I’m using an older superplow myself on the Lightning and the Rivian for testing this winter. (If it snows) I’ve got remote controls, it has its own 12v, but can powered from the 7 pin.

And we’re not going to let a Rivian plow and suggest a F-150 lightning can’t…are we?

Ford F-150 Lightning Trying To Use The F-150 Lightning As A Snow Plow 5A71428A-C574-44DA-BD60-C89C59AFE75C
Sponsored