• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

<TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
I saw this TSB tonight on Ford.com -> Support -> Technical Service Information (https://www.ford.com/support/service-information/) page after searching using my VIN

I have been losing Ford Pass functionality & vehicle connectivity about once a week on my 2023 Platinum. I've been working around it pulling fuse 32 in the Body Control Module Fuse box.

I am considering taking in for service due to this TSB but I don't have high confidence in the dealership service department's ability to update the necessary firmware correctly.
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022
23-2050
10 February 2023
Model:
Ford
2023 F-150 Lightning
Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
Issue: Some 2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022 may experience an inoperative FordPass application, inoperative remote start and/or inoperative remote lock and unlock that may be combined with diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) U0146:09 stored in the telematics control unit (TCU) and U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the gateway module (GWM). This may be due to the software level in the TCU. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software level via a coordinated flash.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

ā€¢ 2023 F-150 Lightning
ā€¢ Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
ā€¢ At least one of the following conditions:
- Inoperative FordPass application
- Inoperative remote start
- Inoperative remote lock and unlock
- DTC U0146:09 stored in the TCU
- DTCs U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the GWM
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Can the TCU be updated remotely too?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yes. TCU and GWM are the two easiest modules to update.
Yes, they can be updated remotely.

However the issue this update is solving is the TCU and GWM losing connection to the cloud, which means they cannot receive the update OTA.
BUT, if the modules were to be power cycled (via pulling the 12v or the fuse) they would then be back in communication with the mothership and able to receive the fix. Or at least until they lose connection to the cloud again if the update didn't get pushed in that window of time.

So then you are back to deciding if you want to go to a dealer for the update or keep manually rebooting modules until you get the OTA.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, they can be updated remotely.

However the issue this update is solving is the TCU and GWM losing connection to the cloud, which means they cannot receive the update OTA.
BUT, if the modules were to be power cycled (via pulling the 12v or the fuse) they would then be back in communication with the mothership and able to receive the fix. Or at least until they lose connection to the cloud again if the update didn't get pushed in that window of time.

So then you are back to deciding if you want to go to a dealer for the update or keep manually rebooting modules until you get the OTA.
To ask a very dumb question (because I would love to avoid my dealer at all costs), how do I know if I receive the update OTA? Dealer said it would be over 2 weeks till I can get in so I'd rather just reboot my truck over and over till I get it.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
To ask a very dumb question
There are dumb questions but if you are genuinely trying to learn then it wouldn't ever be a dumb question
because I would love to avoid my dealer at all costs
Don't we all?
how do I know if I receive the update OTA? Dealer said it would be over 2 weeks till I can get in so I'd rather just reboot my truck over and over till I get it.
The fix for this is packaged along with the update that includes the new user interface, so it will be very obvious when you get it as everything will look different on your Sync screen

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Ford chat says my vehicle isn't affected and even if it was, they couldn't push an update over the air since updates are done in "random VIN group order."

Anyone have FDRS in San Diego and can help me update manually?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
My truck is at the dealer right now for this issue (2 weeks as of today). Hopefully this TSB being issued will get them on the right track to resolving it, and get it back to me. It's really grinding my proverbial gears having such an expensive and new truck, and having to put gas in a beater rental. All while paying for insurance and registration so it can sit in the dealer's back lot.

Whooo-saahhh.

Heck, maybe them having mine in the shop contributed to the issuance of the TSB. Let's hope. I mean, you're welcome, peasants. ;)

Last edited:

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
My Ford pass worked great until 2 weeks ago. I pulled the Fuse 32 the first time and it instantly reset the modem and Ford pass worked again. I got an unrelated "Stop Safely Now" error starting up the truck. Luckily it didn't come back on later when I attempted to restart the truck.
Again, yesterday Ford Pass stopped working in the middle of the day.

Long story short, I'm not too comfortable resetting that fuse again. I don't think its a good solution.

For the meantime its back to using the keyfob and hoping it resets itself at some point with an OTA update.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I spoke with the shop foreman at my dealer today (my truck is there for this exact issue, among a few other minor ones). Last I had heard (last week), they had a whole new telematics unit on order. And who knows how long that would take, and I don't expect it would actually fix anything. But I made him aware of this TSB, as it seems quite likely that this is the TSB that is going to fix my issue, and get me my truck back.

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I spoke with the shop foreman at my dealer today (my truck is there for this exact issue, among a few other minor ones). Last I had heard (last week), they had a whole new telematics unit on order. And who knows how long that would take, and I don't expect it would actually fix anything. But I made him aware of this TSB, as it seems quite likely that this is the TSB that is going to fix my issue, and get me my truck back.
hopefully they can get it done tomorrow? Seems like a simple fix with the software.
Keep us updated.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
FordPass stopped working for me too. Hopefully this will be an OTA. I don't want to fiddle with fuses if there's no guarantee.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
FordPass stopped working for me too. Hopefully this will be an OTA. I don't want to fiddle with fuses if there's no guarantee.
Have you tried rebooting Sync via the steering wheel buttons or battery disconnect/fuse ?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Have you tried rebooting Sync via the steering wheel buttons or battery disconnect/fuse ?
I definitely don't want to mess with fuses, but I'll try the reboot next time I get in the truck.

Mine is the 12" screen, so from what I've read, I need to hold the power button and Right Seek button on the dash, rather than the steering wheel.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
page 516 for 12" screen:
REBOOTING THE CENTER DISPLAY You can reboot the center display using the controls on the steering wheel. 1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek forward and audio system power button for 10 seconds
Sponsored