• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

<TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Definitely a 22, and I definitely lost connection to FordPass until I did the reset.

Meanwhile... the next morning I got the "We need your help installing an update" in the App, which I haven't seen in weeks, which is probably when FordPass stopped working.
Thinking your problem may have looked the same, but been different. Ford knows there was a problem with very specific 2023 build dates.

However, always good to know that a simple reboot can still help with some of these problems. A reboot is not fixing the 2023 experienced problems.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Thinking your problem may have looked the same, but been different. Ford knows there was a problem with very specific 2023 build dates.

However, always good to know that a simple reboot can still help with some of these problems. A reboot is not fixing the 2023 experienced problems.
A rule of thumb is when something isn't working, reboot before trying to fiddle with anything.

I get a kick out of how many technical improvements and problems with most EVs are actually software related.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Finally got annoyed enough. I spoke to my service department and they are unaware of the issue. I’m the 5th Lightning they have sold, so they don’t have any issues yet. They are having me call ford BEV team so they can add the TSB to my VIN so then I can get schedule for an appointment. Does this sound like the correct process?

Edit: dealer was finally able to find the TSB. They are so booked up I have to wait a month to get it in. Ford Pass team tried a few things over the phone with me and confirmed I need the dealer update.

Last edited:

brougherbrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2021 F350 Super Duty
Occupation
Engineer
Finally got annoyed enough. I spoke to my service department and they are unaware of the issue. I’m the 5th Lightning they have sold, so they don’t have any issues yet. They are having me call ford BEV team so they can add the TSB to my VIN so then I can get schedule for an appointment. Does this sound like the correct process?

Edit: dealer was finally able to find the TSB. They are so booked up I have to wait a month to get it in. Ford Pass team tried a few things over the phone with me and confirmed I need the dealer update.

How do you get in touch with the Ford BEV team?

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
How do you get in touch with the Ford BEV team?
I called the main Ford number and they put me in touch with the battery electric team customer service agent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
UPDATE #2: It took the dealership 3 days (details below) but they finally were able to get the GWM, APIM & TCU updates related to the TSB to update. The service notes indicate they did see one of the DTC failure codes related to the TSB. It appears they updated the sync software as well as I am seeing the new user interface.

Typically it took 4-5 days for the connectivity issue to occur so I will give it a week and report back.

Service Notes: 467 causal part 14f546, cond code 04 as per tsb request m time for repair verified concern. scanned for codes with fdrs. found u0146. ran oasis and found tsb 23-2050. as per tsb started process of updating gwm. system found battery state of charge low. charged battery and reset bms, performed capacitive discharge on system. this put battery soc at 90 percent. updated gwm and apim. when updating tou battery soc had once again dropped below 80% preventing update. performed second battery charge and system reset. was able to proceed with update of tou. all modules now up to date as per tsb. request m time for repair process

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
UPDATE #2: It took the dealership 3 days (details below) but they finally were able to get the GWM, APIM & TCU updates related to the TSB to update. The service notes indicate they did see one of the DTC failure codes related to the TSB. It appears they updated the sync software as well as I am seeing the new user interface.

Typically it took 4-5 days for the connectivity issue to occur so I will give it a week and report back.

Service Notes: 467 causal part 14f546, cond code 04 as per tsb request m time for repair verified concern. scanned for codes with fdrs. found u0146. ran oasis and found tsb 23-2050. as per tsb started process of updating gwm. system found battery state of charge low. charged battery and reset bms, performed capacitive discharge on system. this put battery soc at 90 percent. updated gwm and apim. when updating tou battery soc had once again dropped below 80% preventing update. performed second battery charge and system reset. was able to proceed with update of tou. all modules now up to date as per tsb. request m time for repair process
Glad you got it done. Very sad that Ford engineering wants to embarrass themselves and look so stupid by the way they manage the 12v battery and these updates. It’s not like our trucks can’t charge the 12v night or day, driving or sitting in a garage.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
This 12v business needs to be adjusted. It’s a simple software fix that can adjust the threshold to allow OtaS to go through.

Do the Mach E’s have the same issues related to 12v charging levels?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Still getting daily notices and unsure what to do.

From what people are posting here, it looks like the update requires a certain range of power in the 12V battery, but as far as I know we have no way to monitor that or tell it when to charge.

Has anyone figured out how to do that?

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
So it's been over a week since my TCU has been updated and FordPass has failed to connect twice now, requiring me to again disconnect the 12V battery. Sigh. Also, my wireless carplay has been acting up since getting the TCU update.

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I guess this just came out. I suppose I’ll cancel my service appt in a few weeks for TSB23-2050? It must not be solving the issue. My ford pass worked great up until 4.1.1 power up .

June is a long time to be dealing with these shenanigans.
Ford F-150 Lightning <TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022 2FB6F15B-0526-4E03-A11B-3B1F364A2FA8

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I'm going on month 3 of ownership.
I lost Fordpass connectivity last week.
I noticed it when I got to the airport and my trip didn't show in the app.
It showed last connect to the truck was the previous day.
When I returned I decided not to pull the fuse until I returned home.
While I didn't try to remote unlock, I was able to unlock the doors just by grabbing the handle (yes, it was locked).
So I'm guessing that some, but not all connectivity gets lost.
--
Am I correct that
IF you are able to get OTA updates,
THEN you do NOT need to take the truck in for any of the updates?

That TSB muddied the water there.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I'm going on month 3 of ownership.
I lost Fordpass connectivity last week.
I noticed it when I got to the airport and my trip didn't show in the app.
It showed last connect to the truck was the previous day.
When I returned I decided not to pull the fuse until I returned home.
While I didn't try to remote unlock, I was able to unlock the doors just by grabbing the handle (yes, it was locked).
So I'm guessing that some, but not all connectivity gets lost.
--
Am I correct that
IF you are able to get OTA updates,
THEN you do NOT need to take the truck in for any of the updates?

That TSB muddied the water there.
I'm assuming you have PAAK because if you are close enough with your phone you can still unlock, lock, and remote start as it uses the Bluetooth connection, but if you get out of range and it needs to use the modem it won't work.

Not sure on the need to take it in part. I have received OTA updates and still have the Fordpass disconnect issue. I don't have any updates pending in FDRS or OTA (confirmed with OTA team) so I'm not sure what the dealer would even do with the TSB in my case. 🤷‍♂️

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I guess this just came out. I suppose I’ll cancel my service appt in a few weeks for TSB23-2050? It must not be solving the issue. My ford pass worked great up until 4.1.1 power up .

June is a long time to be dealing with these shenanigans.
2FB6F15B-0526-4E03-A11B-3B1F364A2FA8.jpeg
Are you sure this applies to Lightning? I wonder if it might be the same root cause and they are now applying the fix to the code for the ICE 150 and the Bronco.

OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum

UPDATE #3:
I am happy to report that I am approaching 2 weeks (which is about twice the mean time to failure of ~4 days previously) post the updates for the TSB and no issues to report . The truck & Ford Pass are operating as expected
Sponsored