• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TuxMat floor mats | convince me

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
I read through the floor mat thread and watched a few videos on this brand. Since I’ve never heard of them till this forum, I figured they deserved their own thread to hash things out. Hoping you guys can strengthen this choice or convince me otherwise. They seem like the best option for a pro model

Amazon link

MY TRUCK: Pro with vinyl floor

They seem like the best option for a pro model since they have their own clips to secure them in place to make up for the pro lacking the floor clips. I will not go without mats in a pro since the floor doesn’t feel like it will hold up long term and I also want to contain dirt/slush/etc with contoured mats

PROS
•most coverage I’ve seen so far. Fully covers the door jam plates as well which is nice to keep dirt from getting under them
•premium looking
•extra securing slips to keep edges on the contours

CONS
•lack of a “lip” on the rear mat as it goes under the seat. Spillage could get under here. I rarely drive people so I’m not too concerned. Also my pro vinyl floor will be a second barrier
•harder to remove and “dump” out due to the extra securing clips

Have at it and thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have TuxMat and they are amazing.

Strongly recommended.
Any other pros and cons you would add?

Also are my cons non concerns ?

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
•lack of a “lip”
From my perspective, the mats are excellent. I have two kids, a tiny wife and a huge dog. Not a single issue.

•harder to remove
Why do you need to remove them? The way how I installed it, there is no way I will even try to remove them.

P.S. I have TuxMat installed on all my cars. As I said - they are superb!

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
•harder to remove
Why do you need to remove them? The way how I installed it, there is no way I will even try to remove them.
I am just so used to pulling the mats out to bang out quick rather than vacuuming out messes. Nice to do this between full on car cleaning.

Thank you for the feedback!!

Sponsored

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
They do look like nice mats, but I didn’t care for the long wing piece that gets clipped on next to the door sill. I ended up going with the Husky exact contour. I just prefer a soft rubber mat that can easily be removed when I wash the truck.

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
Best Mats I ever had. I have them on my Jeep and Lightning. Had them also on my previous Tesla.

they are very easy to clean and look great. The quality is top notch and the fit like a glove.

I am not sure about what you refer to a lip, but they do cover the high use areas. I have the under storage compartment though.

PM me if you need a discount code.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I have no complaints but mine do look like hell (salty / dirty) right now as we are in the middle of a winter in Wisconsin. I thought about cleaning them the other day and then came to my senses that we have 3 or 4 months of winter left! Other than major snow build up getting melted off boots or a big gulp soda spill i don’t think the “tray lip” of husky or weathertech is really necessary. I had weather tech trays in my Titan for 5+ years and would say so far I like tuxmat more.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Another big plus for Tuxmat. I truly didn't think I needed mats other than factory. My truck lives the tough life of a pavement princess. However after seeing many posts and threads about mats, the Tuxmats kept catching my eye when someone would post them. I think they look great. One of the only mats that I think dresses the truck up, it was enough I wanted a set just for the looks.

Once I got them in I realized how well they protect too, almost every inch of carpet. They vacuum and wipe off easy.

What I'll say is that if you use your truck hard, construction or farming, I don't know how well they'll hold up and clean. I would hope pretty well still, but that is where you probably go for the heavy solid rubber mats with lips on them that will contain muck and spills and you then take out and clean.

Sponsored

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
Patience is getting the better of me. I would buy the Tuxmats if they were in stock (with floor storage) but been waiting ages now so I think I am going to pull the trigger on Husky X-Act.

Should I be patient or there is not much difference to make the wait (unknown duration) worthwhile?

timothyedwards

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT, Chevy Avalanche, Nissan Leaf
I ordered the Husky X first and only put the driver mat in to try it out after they arrived. Ended up not liking it at all. IMO they felt slippery with my cowboy boots on and was not what I wanted to have long term. I did not install the remaining mats just sent them back. They were very thick and would have held up for a long time I think. The contours with the floor seemed fine from what I remember. Just not for me.

I had seen the Tuxmat mentioned on the forum before and was considering them at first but the cost was higher as I got the Husky on sale. I ordered the Tuxmat the same day after I tried the Husky ones.

As far as the Tuxmat, I would agree with others about they cover all the carpet, which is awesome. I'm in Ohio and they don't look the best with all the winter traffic, but none of them do. I was super impressed with the feel of the mats with my boots or any of my shoes. It just has a great carpet like feel with great cushion. Everyone that sees the mats asks about them and can't believe how great they look and feel. I have an XLT without storage compartment. I would buy them again without hesitation and above any others I have seen.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I installed without using the clips and havent had any issues with them staying in place.

Its winter and they are really dirty. Doing their job well!

I pulled the front passenger mat out the other day so I could access the fuse box and loved that the carpet looked brand new.

I have Husky in another car with no complaints but would have preferred the TuxMat if they were available for it.

kstevens

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning PRO, 2015 Nissan Leaf S
Ok I went for the TuxMat on my Pro after reading this thread, and they arrived today. Not as rigid as I’m used to with the WeatherTechs, and more Velcro clipping than I’d like, but the coverage is amazing. We’ll see if the kids kick up all the edges in the rear.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN