• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

two Lightnings on the lot for sale in Houston

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Waiting for my invite to order while visiting family in Houston I killed some time by stopping at Joe Myers ford in Houston. I merely wanted to see what an F-150 in silver look like, but much to my surprise the sales guy tried to interest me in making a deal on the spot for one of two Lightnings they had on the lot. they had two Lariats, one black and one white. The black one was on the used lot with 7 miles on it, apparently came in for someone and they declined delivery. The white one might have gotten my attention but the sticker identified that it was a one owner truck with 700 miles on it and came only with a dealer warranty which was good for 3000 miles. Wasn't interested either one because of the color but I did notice that it appeared that both had standard range batteries. (This I base on the 426 HP listing but I didn't follow up. ) if someone in Houston wants one now... check it out.
Sponsored

cobryson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat SR (Ordered 9/7/22)
Asking price? And the dealer warranty only doesn't make any sense, the manufacturer warranty is transferable.

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
If they're the same two they have on the website, looks like $105k and $110k for the black and the white, respectively.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I hope nobody actually pays them that. That's something around $40k markup.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Asking price? And the dealer warranty only doesn't make any sense, the manufacturer warranty is transferable.
warranty? don't know but that's what it says on the window sticker
Ford F-150 Lightning two Lightnings on the lot for sale in Houston used lightnin

Sponsored
OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
here's the other sticker. (black one)

Ford F-150 Lightning two Lightnings on the lot for sale in Houston used new lightnin

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Yeah, if I had to guess they one with 7 miles they weren’t giving a dealer warranty because no one hand driven it and you could just rely on the factory warranty - whereas the pre owned unit they were giving a dealer warranty in addition to the factory warranty to give some additional comfort

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Dealer warranty and factory warranty are two different things. The white one absolutely has its factory warranty.
I thought if you sold it within 6 months of taking ownership Ford won’t honor the warranty

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I thought if you sold it within 6 months of taking ownership Ford won’t honor the warranty
That’s just internet FUD. Ford can’t do that…. I’d bet the two possibilities here are:

1 - They are forcing the purchase of an included dealer warranty to further jack up the price.

2 - Fhe truck is their mannequin and they can’t technically sell it right now without huge penalty. So they’re going to do a pseudo-sale where you “buy” it, but the dealer does not fulfill the title requirements until they’re allowed to at a later time. At that time you’re getting a used vehicle. In the mean time, if you need warranty service, since you don’t technically own the truck, you’d have to take it to their dealership since it’s their truck.

Either way something is really shady here.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That’s just internet FUD. Ford can’t do that…. I’d bet the two possibilities here are:

1 - They are forcing the purchase of an included dealer warranty to further jack up the price.

2 - Fhe truck is their mannequin and they can’t technically sell it right now without huge penalty. So they’re going to do a pseudo-sale where you “buy” it, but the dealer does not fulfill the title requirements until they’re allowed to at a later time. At that time you’re getting a used vehicle. In the mean time, if you need warranty service, since you don’t technically own the truck, you’d have to take it to their dealership since it’s their truck.

Either way something is really shady here.
There's a possibility that the used one is one that someone abandoned or sold back to the dealer. Either way it has been previously titled.
I was under the impression that most dealers do not title the mannequin vehicles and those should qualify as new sales even though they have been driven and on the lot for 6+ months.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
There's a possibility that the used one is one that someone abandoned or sold back to the dealer. Either way it has been previously titled.
I was under the impression that most dealers do not title the mannequin vehicles and those should qualify as new sales even though they have been driven and on the lot for 6+ months.
correct that they don’t title the mannequins. They’re a new vehicle same as any other that comes into inventory, just flagged in Ford’s system with a hold on sale. The dealership can sell them at the 6 month mark. There are potential penalties up to $25K and loss of other allocations if they sell early. However the dealership can swap the mannequin for a like vehicle that comes into inventory.

most mannequins will end up being sold as “used” because they will have mileage on them greater than what is allowed for a “new” sale. Many dealerships will call them a dealer demo rather used, but it’s the same thing as far as sale technicalities go. Most states do not allow a vehicle to be sold as new once it has 500 or so miles on it, regardless of whether or not it has been titled.

Normanrabbit

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I switch out of this dealer because they can't decide 1 year ago whether to charge extra for the car. I bet some one ordered without checking with them. The website shows conflicting information about the car too. I wonder where does the 6-cylinder engine fits in.
Ford F-150 Lightning two Lightnings on the lot for sale in Houston 1664553334442
Sponsored