• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Did the Ford engineers arrive in South Korea to find out what happened yet ??

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
So Ford blames SK, and at the same time says the existing batteries are fine? “The teams worked quickly to identify the root cause of the issue,” Ford said in a statement Friday. “We agree with SK’s recommended changes in their equipment and processes for SK’s cell production lines.” The batteries come from a Georgia plant.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
What does this mean for vehicles stuck in purgatory, just a few miles from our dealerships? Mine has been sitting out in the elements since 2/7

Ford F-150 Lightning [Updated with Ford statement 2/15/23] 🛑 Lightning Stop Production / Stop Shipment Issued (due to potential battery issue) Screenshot_20230224-073859

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So Ford blames SK, and at the same time says the existing batteries are fine? “The teams worked quickly to identify the root cause of the issue,” Ford said in a statement Friday. “We agree with SK’s recommended changes in their equipment and processes for SK’s cell production lines.” The batteries come from a Georgia plant.
If there are equipment and process changes, that means all batteries built to then have the issue. They are dancing and hiding things it seems. My gut tells me there is no way they can have a single problem and then find and announce a fix as quickly as they did. It is something happening longer term they knew of and it finally just bit them so they had to be public about it.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
What does this mean for vehicles stuck in purgatory, just a few miles from our dealerships? Mine has been sitting out in the elements since 2/7

Screenshot_20230224-073859.png
This is the worst part. Mine has been outside in new england since 2/4 and has been through several snow storms/below freezing temps that it shouldn't have been subjected to.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
SKI has proudly stated in the past their "Z-folding" technique sets them apart from the conventional battery manufacturing methods and allowed them to make multiple million batteries without a thermal runaway:

"The separator zig-zags through the anode and cathode and wraps them with perfect alignment, and therefore allows complete separation. This way, the possibility of the anode and cathode coming into contact on the outer edges is reduced fundamentally. Also fast driving can cause the misalignment of battery components."

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
If there are equipment and process changes, that means all batteries built to then have the issue. They are dancing and hiding things it seems. My gut tells me there is no way they can have a single problem and then find and announce a fix as quickly as they did. It is something happening longer term they knew of and it finally just bit them so they had to be public about it.
My thoughts exactly!

It could also be they didn't know about the issue till it did catch on fire, either way there is NO way they can say it couldn't happen to ones that were already produced prior to the fire if they were all produced the same way.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro

Screenshot_20230224-073859.png
Wondering the same... I hope they release them soon.
There is no doubt in my mind though that if SK had to change the way they are producing the batteries, that our vehicles (and any other f-150 lighting) is affected.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
This is the worst part. Mine has been outside in new england since 2/4 and has been through several snow storms/below freezing temps that it shouldn't have been subjected to.
It sucks to wait for sure, but rest assured that the battery sitting in cold weather will not harm it.

Cold affects the battery performance, but does not hurt its longevity. If anything, cold by itself preserves longevity.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
What I'm wondering is, will they have to take our "Built" trucks that's awaiting shipment back to the factory to rework the batteries? They don't have a shipment hold just for the fun of it. :unsure:

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Soooooo… you are sayin we good….:censored:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.