• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Ford Battery Supplier Says F-150 Lightning Fire ‘Rare Occurence’ - Bloomberg

" “We believe this was a rare occurrence, not a fundamental issue with the technology of the battery cells or our overall manufacturing systems,” SK says in a statement to Bloomberg. “Working with Ford, SK On identified the root cause of the issue and implemented measures of improvement in our processes to address the issue.”

----------------

My guess is someone forgot to screw or fasten something on the battery assembly line. Probably a case of not following procedure or lack of attention to detail...
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Ford Battery Supplier Says F-150 Lightning Fire ‘Rare Occurence’ - Bloomberg

" “We believe this was a rare occurrence, not a fundamental issue with the technology of the battery cells or our overall manufacturing systems,” SK says in a statement to Bloomberg. “Working with Ford, SK On identified the root cause of the issue and implemented measures of improvement in our processes to address the issue.”

----------------

My guess is someone forgot to screw or fasten something on the battery assembly line. Probably a case of not following procedure or lack of attention to detail...
When Bolt were on fire, LG also said similarly.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Any word on the line resuming ?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
When Bolt were on fire, LG also said similarly.
The fact that Ford has NOT nitiated a STOP SALE or recall says a lot. I'll worry if they ask people to park outside and/or limit charging.

SK has obviously has moved on and I'm hoping Ford will begin production again soon..

Not getting worked up about it..yet...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Any word on the line resuming ?
I have not seen anything recently, last word indicated 3/6 to pick up where they left off with the 2/6 build week.

I'm curious to see if there will be any window stickers tonight, but that would be for 3/13 build week and that will be occupied by the 2/13 build week recovery, and likewise 3/20 will be used for 2/20, then possibly 3/16 we will see stickers for build week 3/27.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have not seen anything recently, last word indicated 3/6 to pick up where they left off with the 2/6 build week.

I'm curious to see if there will be any window stickers tonight, but that would be for 3/13 build week and that will be occupied by the 2/13 build week recovery, and likewise 3/20 will be used for 2/20, then possibly 3/16 we will see stickers for build week 3/27.
I'm curious when we will see more schedule adjustments, my build week was 3/13 and it's been changed once to 3/27. I would imagine that it will change again.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm wondering if the battery fire from September in the SK On factory is related at all: https://thelec.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=4348

Not sure about the timeline of when the battery is constructed, to when the battery is ready to be used in Dearborn. Wondering if some additional "battery cells that were made for testing" made its way into production.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
My Lightning is built but on hold and I follow this forum daily. I am not concerned and think that Ford is being as transparent as possible. After waiting 20 months for delivery I've learned to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.