• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Kyle gave a tour of the Electrify Expo (I really like these videos since I hardly ever go to them). There where several Lightnings on display in the video. The one with the roof tent (at 28:10 of video) was pretty neat and one that looks like they modded the front light bar to be color? I need to go back and check that out in more detail when I have the time.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't see any change to the light bar, but I wish there was information on the driving lights mounted in the grill. I want.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Now I see what you're talking about. I wish it blended into the truck better. I don't want to accentuate it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Video: Lightning builds / rigs displayed at the Electrify Expo Screenshot_20230524_123034_Chrome

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would be cool to make it change color based on charge level, otherwise it's more of a one off party trick...But I still kinda want it :) I'd like to flash some school colors on game day.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Would be cool to make it change color based on charge level, otherwise it's more of a one off party trick...But I still kinda want it :) I'd like to flash some school colors on game day.
Color changing would be fantastic. Change it for the season/holiday! Might run afoul of some state regulations on colored lights for vehicles though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Color changing would be fantastic. Change it for the season/holiday! Might run afoul of some state regulations on colored lights for vehicles though.
Oh man, I hadn't even considered holidays! Yeah, the govt tends to ruin a lot of our fun. Now you've got me wanting to dig into rules on lights. My friend put red halo lights on his Charger and I've seen a handful of Wranglers with colored halo lights. I'm speculating that since the light bar is a DRL it can skirt by. :) So much on my to-do list.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oh man, I hadn't even considered holidays! Yeah, the govt tends to ruin a lot of our fun. Now you've got me wanting to dig into rules on lights. My friend put red halo lights on his Charger and I've seen a handful of Wranglers with colored halo lights. I'm speculating that since the light bar is a DRL it can skirt by. :) So much on my to-do list.
If you find a solution let me know.

My 2011 GT500 had color changing (user selection) interior lighting, including dash colors, and I love it. Red, White, and Blue for most of the year, but Red and Green at Christmas.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I was interested in this '77 squarebody and he never showed more of it than this:
Ford F-150 Lightning Video: Lightning builds / rigs displayed at the Electrify Expo 1685012226622