• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
Today is the day right?
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Nothing for me yet... I am 2nd at my dealer so not expecting anything today..... sigh....

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
They did say 1/6. Could be at 11:59 pm.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I didn't get an email from Ford, but I did get an email from my dealer last night informing me about the build configurator. He said I could configure my build, PDF it, and then send it to them to process the order.

I'll be doing most of that, but doing the final order in person to get a signed purchase order with final pricing.

jthespartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
I didn't get an email from Ford, but I did get an email from my dealer last night informing me about the build configurator. He said I could configure my build, PDF it, and then send it to them to process the order.

I'll be doing most of that, but doing the final order in person to get a signed purchase order with final pricing.
Same here. I sent over my PDF yesterday.

OP
OP

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
Nice

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Could also be 9 a.m. CST - depends on where they activate the system from.
I agree with your prediction. Give s the west coast customers time to get out of bed. I am headed to the dealer at 8:30 eastern

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just to share a lesson learned from my Mach-e experience. If you take your order to your dealer and have them put it in for you (vs. doing it online yourself), you will lose all tracking capability until you are assigned a VIN and your dealer tells you it (~ 2 weeks before production). The order won't be linked to your Ford account and you will have no way of seeing it.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Just to share a lesson learned from my Mach-e experience. If you take your order to your dealer and have them put it in for you (vs. doing it online yourself), you will lose all tracking capability until you are assigned a VIN and your dealer tells you it (~ 2 weeks before production). The order won't be linked to your Ford account and you will have no way of seeing it.
But...

If you order online you will not be able to have order form signed by dealer (making it a contract) locking in purchase price and any verbal "No ADM". Also, there will need to be paid $1,000 deposit somehow. Remember the horror stories from MME about dealers breaking promises later.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
But...

If you order online you will not be able to have order form signed by dealer (making it a contract) locking in purchase price and any verbal "No ADM". Also, there will need to be paid $1,000 deposit somehow. Remember the horror stories from MME about dealers breaking promises later.
I thought the dealer had to send back the final price online with any ADM + extras for final approval. That would seem pretty contractual to me.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
But...

I agree with this I much rather have a locked in price than be able to track it before a VIN#

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I agree with this I much rather have a locked in price than be able to track it before a VIN#
No reason you can't do it online and then go in to the dealer to sign papers.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
I thought the dealer had to send back the final price online with any ADM + extras for final approval. That would seem pretty contractual to me.
‘From Judge Judy. “I don’t care what you think is “pretty much contractual”. Ha Ha
Sponsored