• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Tim Bartz just read a Ford memo during his livestream that said wave 3 invitees who do not order will not be cancelled on Sep 30 but left open. There is a possibility they will reopen XLT or Pro for those who did not order.

EDIT: I went back and transcribed what he read from the Ford memo he received 9/20/22:
"Currently Pro and XLT are closed for ordering. Ordering may reopen later this year for these trims but there is no guarantee. There is no plan to cancel reservations for those invited to order but don't. We will keep the invitation open so they can order later."

Edit: New memo read by Tim on 9/27/22:
"23MY Lightning Wave 1-3 Closing
22MY F-150 Lightning customers who previously chose to waitlist their reservation and receive the order invitation for Waves 1 and 2 for 23MY as well as Wave 3 customers that were invited, they will have until 9/30 to submit an order with your dealership for configurations excluding Pro and XLT series. Customers who do not place their order by 9/30 will not be able to convert to an order until the next wave of invites.

Reservation holders that did receive an invite do not need to take any action, and the reservation will remain in line for the future. Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through 9/30. If a customer's preferred configuration becomes unavailable [like the Pro or XLT] they can cancel their reservation to receive a deposit refund or wait until their desired configuration becomes available."
Sponsored

Last edited:

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Tim Bartz just read a Ford memo during his livestream that said wave 3 invitees who do not order will not be cancelled on Sep 30 but left open. There is a possibility they will reopen XLT or Pro for those who did not order.
OSR Garage is going to regret selling his reservation to his dealer if they reopen Pros

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
OSR Garage is going to regret selling his reservation to his dealer if they reopen Pros
I get his frustration and everyone else’s as well. However the people that think Chevy is gonna do much different would shock me. Chevy has to deal with dealerships as well. Inflation hit them as well.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
They better make a definitive statement. Someone thinking of getting a Lariat might now hold out for a Pro or XLT which may or may not exist for MY23.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Is wave 4 possibly tomorrow?
AFAIK, Ford never released the memo promising an update in early September on the MY23 invite process for Wave 3 and beyond. But Tim mentioned a few weeks back he thought they may go to monthly invites, hence the Sep 30 cutoff for Wave 3. But someone will start a "Any Wave 4 invites tomorrow" :p

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Further this Ford Memo https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-wave-invitations-chip-shortage-impact.11631/
states there will be a Wave 3 but is vague about what happens next. With so many Wave 3 invites it could be a while before they do another invite.
Key Dates
  • August 11th
    • Wave 1 Invitations = All 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • August 24th
    • Wave 2 Invitations = All 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • Mid-September
    • Wave 3 Invitations = First 23MY wave invitation period that will begin to invite remaining unconverted F-150 Lightning reservation holders
      Note: More information will be available in early September for Wave 3 invitation detail as well as 23MY Wave Invite ordering plan for remaining unconverted reservation holders.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot

That is a bit messed up. I ordered as soon as I got the text and the Pro was not available. Thankfully proceeded with the XLT on the spot. Next morning it was sold out too. It will be a bit frustrating to see them open up the Pro when there were a lot of us that either cancelled or moved up a trim level. Wouldn't surprise me at this point, par for the course I suppose.

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Well if this is true, I’m glad I didn’t cancel my reservation. I just locked in a ID.4. December/January estimated delivery. Let’s see if there’s any truth to this.

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
AFAIK, Ford never released the memo promising an update in early September on the MY23 invite process for Wave 3 and beyond. But Tim mentioned a few weeks back he thought they may go to monthly invites, hence the Sep 30 cutoff for Wave 3. But someone will start a "Any Wave 4 invites tomorrow" :p
This makes little sense if Ford is truly ramping up the production. But yeah, we don’t know the numbers for sure, I am just skeptical.
I agree with Benny, the definitive statement would be nice. I don’t have extra $20-30 grand to play sharades and raffles.

Sponsored

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
This whole process has been a goat rodeo. Makes me really, really rethink my reservation. The fact that there is not "one queue" for orders is just assinine. It should be a VERY simple first come, first served system. They want to maximize the credits and crap like that but I think they will end up losing more customers over this than just a simple "Now serving reservation #X" system.

I know I am rethinking my Ford customer loyalty situation so others must be as well.

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
I know Ford is in a tough spot and I'm glad there are at least some conversations going on about how NOT to force reservation holders into a Lariat. I wanted a Pro, had resigned myself to an XLT and then further resigned myself to the standard range battery in order to get the tax credit. With the "sellout" of the XLT, it looked like I'd be forced into a Lariat SR for about $77K or have to let go of my reservation.

This finally made me question my loyalty. IF I get an invitation to order a '23 (I reserved on May 22nd, 2021) and am forced into the Lariat SR, I would be signing up for a $1,300/month payment for five years and for that I will get to slide around on leather seats, look at the slow-to-respond poseur tablet screen that forces me to use touch menus to change the fan speed, and be constantly embarrassed/annoyed by the power up/down all-hat-no-cattle tailgate. I'm solidly on the fence about whether I would move forward with that purchase.

OTOH if Ford restores the option to order an XLT I am back to a slightly lower payment, cloth seats, better (to me) display and "normal" tailgate. In this case, I'm 100% back onboard.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
This whole process has been a goat rodeo. Makes me really, really rethink my reservation. The fact that there is not "one queue" for orders is just assinine. It should be a VERY simple first come, first served system. They want to maximize the credits and crap like that but I think they will end up losing more customers over this than just a simple "Now serving reservation #X" system.

I know I am rethinking my Ford customer loyalty situation so others must be as well.
Indeed. Leave it to Ford to mess up something as plain and simple as “first come, first served” by only looking at this quarter’s profits instead of growing long term customer loyalty. It all starts with trust.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I know Ford is in a tough spot and I'm glad there are at least some conversations going on about how NOT to force reservation holders into a Lariat. I wanted a Pro, had resigned myself to an XLT and then further resigned myself to the standard range battery in order to get the tax credit. With the "sellout" of the XLT, it looked like I'd be forced into a Lariat SR for about $77K or have to let go of my reservation.
This is the exact boat I'm in too. Classic Bait & switch that should be examined closely by the independent .gov watchdogs responsible for such transgressions. It's basically the modern way to practice "Bait & Switch" which is a clearly defined illegal practice that was outlawed decades. People use that term so much these days for any and everything that most don't know that it's an actual term for an actual illegal activity. What Ford is doing here is exactly that by letter of the law verbatim.

As someone who hasn't owned a Ford product in a couple of decades and hasn't owned a vehicle from a traditional dealership/manufacturer entity... this doesn't give me much hope that much has changed in how they view their customers. Sadly.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That is a bit messed up. I ordered as soon as I got the text and the Pro was not available. Thankfully proceeded with the XLT on the spot. Next morning it was sold out too. It will be a bit frustrating to see them open up the Pro when there were a lot of us that either cancelled or moved up a trim level. Wouldn't surprise me at this point, par for the course I suppose.
You should be happy you got an XLT.

I didn't get that choice and had to get a Lariat SR with no options.

If I had a chance at a Priority 1 order for 2023 XLT, I would have extended my reservation.

Back then it was an unknown...

Hindsight, 20/20...
Sponsored