• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Yes, it's possible. My order started out as an SR XLT that was upgraded to an SR Lariat that was ultimately upgraded to an ER Lariat. I changed a number of items on the truck itself, too. I changed the tires to off-road and then back again and I also changed the color a few times. I put the extendable steps on the truck and then Ford told my dealer to take them off so my order would go through.

Any changes can be made before a VIN is assigned provided the parts are available.
It seems like your trim changes have all been upgrades. Has anyone successfully downgraded after first order and before VIN assignment?
Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
is modifying an order for the item itself a thing?
My dealer just tried and said he was not able to "downgrade" my submitted Lariat order to Pro or XLT. Shit show indeed.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
My dealer just tried and said he was not able to "downgrade" my submitted Lariat order to Pro or XLT. Shit show indeed.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of the orders that used the "back door" order method. I'm hoping the trucks don't get stuck in limbo or cancelled.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Do you have an approx time code in his video? He puts out alot of information but his videos can get a bit long.
EDIT. Nevermind. Found it at 31 minutes in. He sounds pretty confident that the wave 3 reservations wont be canceled. XLT/PRO sounds quite a bit more iffy, but i guess there is hope.
I went back and listened again as well, thanks for the time mark. I transcribed what he read from the Ford memo he received last week (updated my initial post as well):
"Currently Pro and XLT are closed for ordering. Ordering may reopen later this year for these trims but there is no guarantee. There is no plan to cancel reservations for those invited to order but don't. We will keep the invitation open so they can order later."

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I think ford should be firing many people over this shit show of an order process. I thought my order was going to get cancelled. Now I just completed an order for a pro 3 weeks after they were said to be unavailable. Was this a bait and switch to pressure people in to ordering higher trims?
Seems like they should be hiring more people if you want things to go smoother. They fired the schedulers and order one teams in August.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It will be interesting to see the outcome of the orders that used the "back door" order method. I'm hoping the trucks don't get stuck in limbo or cancelled.
Ya I'm guessing that they weren't supposed to be able to be placed. I originally wasn't going to say anything about my order but then someone else spoke up about getting an XLT ordered and so I chimed in.
I totally expect my truck to never actually get built. If it by some miracle does, then I'll make the decision once it gets delivered what I am going to do with it.
My hopes are that there are so few orders done this way that they never notice. According to my dealer, and the Ford website, my order is in the system. I understand that this in no way obligates Ford to actually build the truck, but I really hope that they do. It's not my fault that they let me order it. I don't care if I get pushed to 2024, just don't completely cancel my order/reservation. I didn't realize that they had changed it from expiring on the 30th if you don't order so I assumed that I was just going to be sol and was going to go a different direction.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Ya I'm guessing that they weren't supposed to be able to be placed. I originally wasn't going to say anything about my order but then someone else spoke up about getting an XLT ordered and so I chimed in.
I totally expect my truck to never actually get built. If it by some miracle does, then I'll make the decision once it gets delivered what I am going to do with it.
My hopes are that there are so few orders done this way that they never notice. According to my dealer, and the Ford website, my order is in the system. I understand that this in no way obligates Ford to actually build the truck, but I really hope that they do. It's not my fault that they let me order it. I don't care if I get pushed to 2024, just don't completely cancel my order/reservation. I didn't realize that they had changed it from expiring on the 30th if you don't order so I assumed that I was just going to be sol and was going to go a different direction.
Ya I saw your post saying you got it and asked for the screenshot and was like damn and he didn't give us a heads up lol. Then I thought about it and was like oh I appreciate that Hussle and not setting people up for something like that.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Keep us updated if your order status changes.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I was looking through the order list and doesn't seem like any XLTs from the MY23 wave 3 have gotten scheduled yet. Just MY23 wave 2 XLTs

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Incredible! Congrats and good luck you sneaky 😈 s!

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
So when do you think scheduling for 2023 production will be started?
I am one of those that was able to go ahead and add an XLT order yesterday.
It was specific to the model I had been invited to order on day one of Wave 3. It did show sold out but allowed me to go through the process. Took my down payment. And then I went to the dealer and he was able to pull it up in the system showing order number and payment and he was then able to go ahead and process and accept order.
He felt like it was a done deal so I'm confused why we think that these orders won't go through. Is Ford going to reach out and just retract the orders from us?
Anyway it's going to be interesting to see once production schedule start coming out for 2023s

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Most likely you’re picked at random (batch jobs) to receive a Pro/XLT and they realize they have more orders than production capacity after it’s too late.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Well if this is true, I’m glad I didn’t cancel my reservation. I just locked in a ID.4. December/January estimated delivery. Let’s see if there’s any truth to this.
Gotta say VW system seems as messed up as Fords but at least you pick a trim/config up front that sets your "lock" date you can switch trims before the lock. I have a 2023 AWD Pro S Plus reservation that I think will be locked in a week or two. I love the performance of the Lightning but feel the ID.4 is a better fit for my needs at the price point.

Reactions: 06z

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
So when do you think scheduling for 2023 production will be started?
I am one of those that was able to go ahead and add an XLT order yesterday.
It was specific to the model I had been invited to order on day one of Wave 3. It did show sold out but allowed me to go through the process. Took my down payment. And then I went to the dealer and he was able to pull it up in the system showing order number and payment and he was then able to go ahead and process and accept order.
He felt like it was a done deal so I'm confused why we think that these orders won't go through. Is Ford going to reach out and just retract the orders from us?
Anyway it's going to be interesting to see once production schedule start coming out for 2023s
They have been scheduling for MY23 for 3 weeks already. 10/17, 10/24 and 10/31. I'm assuming next Thursday will schedule for the week of 11/7.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Most likely you’re picked at random (batch jobs) to receive a Pro/XLT and they realize they have more orders than production capacity after it’s too late.
The way things have been going it's entirely possible that someone who gets a back door order into the system could receive their Pro before someone who ordered one earlier in the year.

That is, if the error isn't caught until the truck gets scheduled for production the person who gets notified there isn't enough materials to make their truck will be the last person scheduled and not the last person who ordered.
Sponsored