• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
This whole process has been a goat rodeo. Makes me really, really rethink my reservation. The fact that there is not "one queue" for orders is just assinine. It should be a VERY simple first come, first served system. They want to maximize the credits and crap like that but I think they will end up losing more customers over this than just a simple "Now serving reservation #X" system.

I know I am rethinking my Ford customer loyalty situation so others must be as well.
I’m sure Ford would’ve loved to go first come first served but they are in binding contracts with dealers, our reservations were nothing but a way to gauge interest. I know it sucks but ford will still sell out and ultimately see little change in customer loyalty. Tesla has already done this exact thing and nothing changed, when the ev Silverado releases and the only model available is $105,000+ (maybe No extra options?) people will not be as worried about ford messing this up. I’d be willing to bet Chevy does the same thing with the WT availability and at this point the cyber truck looks like vapor ware and if it finally arrives in 24 it will be the premium $110k+ model first and then we will be lucky to see a sub $60k model. Range and base features will probably be pretty good on those though
Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
You should be happy you got an XLT.

I didn't get that choice and had to get a Lariat SR with no options.

If I had a chance at a Priority 1 order for 2023 XLT, I would have extended my reservation.

Back then it was an unknown...

Hindsight, 20/20...
Absolutely. I feel fortunate that I was finally able to order. I had about given up on the process. First world problems for sure .

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’m sure Ford would’ve loved to go first come first served but they are in binding contracts with dealers, our reservations were nothing but a way to gauge interest. I know it sucks but ford will still sell out and ultimately see little change in customer loyalty. Tesla has already done this exact thing and nothing changed, when the ev Silverado releases and the only model available is $105,000+ (maybe No extra options?) people will not be as worried about ford messing this up. I’d be willing to bet Chevy does the same thing with the WT availability and at this point the cyber truck looks like vapor ware and if it finally arrives in 24 it will be the premium $110k+ model first and then we will be lucky to see a sub $60k model. Range and base features will probably be pretty good on those though
I have a GM EV WT reservation made at the first minute of launch, but when I heard that they won't release any $40K base EV WT till 2024 and prioritizing the RST / 1st editions for $100K + in 2023 - my heart sank...
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 invites who don't order won't be cancelled; possible Pro / XLT ordering reopening patrick, you’ve successfully reserved a Silverado EV-2

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
Tesla has already done this exact thing and nothing changed, when the ev Silverado releases and the only model available is $105,000+ (maybe No extra options?) people will not be as worried about ford messing this up. I’d be willing to bet Chevy does the same thing with the WT availability and at this point the cyber truck looks like vapor ware and if it finally arrives …
Doesn’t mean that this HAS to be this way. Ford could’ve taken the leadership, make it straight and transparent. If people have to wait, they will wait. Heck, most people here did not even squeal much about price raise by $7500, but uncertainty is what on everyone’s minds.

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
I have a GM EV WT reservation made at the first minute of launch, but when I heard that they won't release any $40K base EV WT till 2024 and prioritizing the RST / 1st editions for $100K + in 2023 - my heart sank...
patrick, you’ve successfully reserved a Silverado EV-2.jpg
Also a first minute reservation. If it's 400 Miles of range and comparable price to the lightning, easy choice to trade in. Except it's ugly.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
“ But all the other kids are doing it!” Didn’t get me anywhere growing up.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
“ But all the other kids are doing it!” Didn’t get me anywhere growing up.
Exactly. First nobody took Tesla serious, now Ford is basing its business practices & processes on what Tesla does? I highly doubt that is their motivation.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Exactly. First nobody took Tesla serious, now Ford is basing its business practices & processes on what Tesla does? I highly doubt that is their motivation.
There would be less of a sour taste if Ford had actually done like Chevy and Tesla, and admitted from the get go that they would focus on selling the higher priced more profitable trims first. But they tried to have it both ways, focusing their press releases on the $40K price and bragging “all trims available from the start”.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Also a first minute reservation. If it's 400 Miles of range and comparable price to the lightning, easy choice to trade in. Except it's ugly.
Actually, for $40K, it's not going to have the 400 mile range Ultium battery pack.
Probably more like 250 mile range.

I am sure you will be able to order the upgrades on the base EV WT with 400 mile range, but it will not be cheap...

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Another thing to think about, their DC charging speed i based on having the batterie pack stacked on top of each other simulating a 800v system. That is how they get the hummer to charge at 350kw. Blazer EV is only charging at 150. So if the Pro-is version has a smaller pack it will charge similar to the Lighting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
People are upset with Ford I get it. That being said the affordable "Pro" models from Silverado and Dodge are one to two years out if not longer. The hummer came out and GM hasn't even made 400 units. Ford is the best shot we have at this point. Believe me GMC and Chevy will be far worse than Ford with production and Dodge who knows but we'll find out more soon about the Dodge.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
patrick, you’ve successfully reserved a Silverado EV-2.jpg
Are the GM reservations model specific? would seem odd to lock people into a bracket two years before they can actually order.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Are the GM reservations model specific? would seem odd to lock people into a bracket two years before they can actually order.
At the time of reservation, we could choose from: 1st Edition, RST, or WT.

I chose WT.

I'm sure you can change models when it's time to order.

I am not holding my breath for a 2024 model year Silverado WT EV for $40K.

Thinking by then, prices should be in the 50K+

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer

I chose WT.

Did GM say what the low end range will be? Everything i see says "400 miles" in every trim but i swear they mentioned lower ranges. With battery pricing being what it is i cant see them making enough to sell a truck with 400 mile range for $50k, the battery would cost too much.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

I chose WT.

I'm guessing it will be like Ford where they produce very get of the $40k version but it will exist just for the marketing. Expect the price to go up the next year. I'm guessing it will be very basic and probably have between 250 and 300 miles of range. They'll take a loss on it to be able to beat Ford on specs at the price. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer 3 battery sizes as well and possibly a version with 2wd.
Sponsored