• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Did GM say what the low end range will be? Everything i see says "400 miles" in every trim but i swear they mentioned lower ranges. With battery pricing being what it is i cant see them making enough to sell a truck with 400 mile range for $50k, the battery would cost too much.
^^^^
@astricklin said is probably correct.

The base EV WT will be $40-$50K but will have the smaller Ultium batteries (100-150kw) and give similar Pro range.

The $100K RST & 1st Editions will have the 200kW battery and that's GM's cash cow (similar to Ford's Lariat and Platinums)...
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Did GM say what the low end range will be? Everything i see says "400 miles" in every trim but i swear they mentioned lower ranges. With battery pricing being what it is i cant see them making enough to sell a truck with 400 mile range for $50k, the battery would cost too much.
If you notice it says 'Available' 400 miles. To me that means it will not be standard on all trims. How much the 400 mile WT will cost and when it will be available is yet to be revealed.

I would bet that Ford will be looking closely to match or beat Chevy. Especially if the next gen lightning is available late 2024 or early 2025 from the new factory.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
Tim Bartz just read a Ford memo during his livestream that said wave 3 invitees who do not order will not be cancelled on Sep 30 but left open. There is a possibility they will reopen XLT or Pro for those who did not order.
Do you have an approx time code in his video? He puts out alot of information but his videos can get a bit long.
EDIT. Nevermind. Found it at 31 minutes in. He sounds pretty confident that the wave 3 reservations wont be canceled. XLT/PRO sounds quite a bit more iffy, but i guess there is hope.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Well they reopened XLT. I have been fighting Ford and the dealer since day 2 of the wave 3 invites opening. I received my invite on day 1 of wave 3, configured and received confirmation of my XLT order but it would not allow me to make my down payment. The next day it as gone and I was prompted to order again but only Lariats and Platinum's were available.

I had a screen shot of my confirmation and called dealer and Ford. They all saw it in the system but said XLT's were gone and there was nothing they could do. I kept on them for 5 days with no luck. Yesterday my reservation came back up for a XLT order and even thought the site showed sold out I was still able to select XLT and configure. This time it allowed my payment and I received order number along with dealer acceptance.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Well, I was able to order a pro Tuesday night and my dealer said they were able to accept the order into the system yesterday.
Screenshot?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Uh oh, there are going to be some grumpy Wave 2/3 MY23 invites...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Well they reopened XLT. I have been fighting Ford and the dealer since day 2 of the wave 3 invites opening. I received my invite on day 1 of wave 3, configured and received confirmation of my XLT order but it would not allow me to make my down payment. The next day it as gone and I was prompted to order again but only Lariats and Platinum's were available.

I had a screen shot of my confirmation and called dealer and Ford. They all saw it in the system but said XLT's were gone and there was nothing they could do. I kept on them for 5 days with no luck. Yesterday my reservation came back up for a XLT order and even thought the site showed sold out I was still able to select XLT and configure. This time it allowed my payment and I received order number along with dealer acceptance.
This is what I was able to do, but with a Pro. I had basically given up on getting the truck and was going to move onto other things. However just for fun I was poking around and noticed that it would let me proceed through to payment after configuring the Pro. Originally it would let you configure, but not submit payment or complete the payment order and now it will, despite still showing sold out and contact dealer.
There's no telling if the truck will ever get built but honestly, with the price increase and then potentially

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
CHOOSE THE TRUCK THAT LIGHTS YOU UP
Then put down a deposit with your preferred dealership.*

If you decide not to place an order this time around, we’ll keep your invitation open so you can order in a later wave. Pricing and availability is subject to change

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
CHOOSE THE TRUCK THAT LIGHTS YOU UP
Then put down a deposit with your preferred dealership.*

If you decide not to place an order this time around, we’ll keep your invitation open so you can order in a later wave. Pricing and availability is subject to change
Honestly if I'd have know this, I probably would have waited.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That's AMAZING..... Congrats 🎉🎉🎉
I feel like congrats will be in order only if/when they ever actually build the truck. 😂

With the price increase I honestly don't know if I'll actually be able to keep it. It depends on timing of when it shows up and what all has happened in life by then. If it gets built late next year or early 2024. I'll probably have had time to get things sorted. If by some fluke it gets delivered this coming spring or summer, I might have to pass/flip it.

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
Thanks astricklin! Long time lurker, first time poster because of this thread. 5/22/21 reservation, wave 3 Sept 22 invite, and unwilling to order because Pro was listed as unavailable. After reading this morning’s threads I just checked my order invite and it still shows both Pro and XLT as unavailable, but it did have an option for each to “configure” or “change”, can’t remember. I configured the Pro and it had a “confirm” button that I selected and it seemed like nothing happened, so I kept hitting it and finally it took me to a deposit page. It accepted my $500 deposit and I received a confirmation email from Ford. Sent my dealer an email and am waiting for them to accept the order. Crossing my fingers and am really hoping that this is a real thing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 invites who don't order won't be cancelled; possible Pro / XLT ordering reopening FBCF27C5-E18F-4AC7-9432-2B39278BC934

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 invites who don't order won't be cancelled; possible Pro / XLT ordering reopening 9D284822-DD7F-4347-A951-1CF30DD15631

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
OMG. what a mess...
Sponsored