• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the Current Approximate Time From Placing Order to Delivery?

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Curious about timing on a couple of things I've got to make a decision on with enough zeroes on the end that I want to make sure I've got the liquidity to take delivery of this Lightning.

I've seen some who placed their order a couple of days before me (I had to think on it before clicking "submit" due to not having the same options I had previously given deep consideration to) on like 9/7 that are getting production dates of late October already. Mine was 9/12 and I'm just curious, if I'm lucky enough to get a 10/31 or 11/7 or whatever build date... what does that mean for the actual delivery... roughly.

I know this estimate could slide when that time comes but, being as some are taking delivery, what does that look like currently? Is it like a month? Two months? Three? Six? Just trying to collect some rough data to analyze as I currently have none. (there's probably a crowd-sourced spreadsheet for this here somewhere in fact)

Thanks!
Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Roughly 42 days from "blend date" to "at dealer", with a. the West coast adding a week or so, and b. chip holds for some adding 10 days or more.

If you have the appropriate feature deletions (or do not order the relevant options) that will increase the likelihood of getting scheduled and minimize the chance of a chip hold.

The offending option currently is Tow Tech, with a requirement of removing the scales and smart hitch. Not sure what is left is worth it.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The offending option currently is Tow Tech, with a requirement of removing the scales and smart hitch. Not sure what is left is worth it.
On the Pro it definitely still is worth it. Only way to get the 360 degree camera.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Roughly 42 days from "blend date" to "at dealer", with a. the West coast adding a week or so, and b. chip holds for some adding 10 days or more.

If you have the appropriate feature deletions (or do not order the relevant options) that will increase the likelihood of getting scheduled and minimize the chance of a chip hold.

Why do they need to remove scales and smart hitch when you add Tow Tech? Seems odd they remove something that is such useful tech. What makes it unnecessary?

Thanks

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why do they need to remove scales and smart hitch when you add Tow Tech? Seems odd they remove something that is such useful tech. What makes it unnecessary?

Thanks
They can't get the chip(s)/parts for that functionality.

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
They can't get the chip(s)/parts for that functionality.
Please excuse my ignorance and I appreciate your help, but am I down grading towing tech by having selected Tow Tech on my XLT order?

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please excuse my ignorance and I appreciate your help, but am I down grading towing tech by having selected Tow Tech on my XLT order?
No. It is/was a great package. Your options are:

1. Keep your order as is and wait for scheduling, which may be held off (or not) until they get chips

2. Remove the package to get your truck scheduled, ensuring you will like the truck without it.

3. Have the dealer manually delete two of the Tow Tech features (scales & smart hitch) to get your truck scheduled. Consider what remains of the package against the cost minus the deletion credit.

I may have missed an option, but I think that is it. If the complete pacakge is important and you can wait, do so. If not, look at the value of the reduced package, and proceed.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Great advise. Thanks for taking the time. I really don't tow much other then my jetski and occasional boat.

Thought it would be good to have if I decide to sell it in the next 2 years. I have a 1st day CyberTruck order and will see how it compares and sell one of them.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Curious about timing on a couple of things I've got to make a decision on with enough zeroes on the end that I want to make sure I've got the liquidity to take delivery of this Lightning.

I've seen some who placed their order a couple of days before me (I had to think on it before clicking "submit" due to not having the same options I had previously given deep consideration to) on like 9/7 that are getting production dates of late October already. Mine was 9/12 and I'm just curious, if I'm lucky enough to get a 10/31 or 11/7 or whatever build date... what does that mean for the actual delivery... roughly.

I know this estimate could slide when that time comes but, being as some are taking delivery, what does that look like currently? Is it like a month? Two months? Three? Six? Just trying to collect some rough data to analyze as I currently have none. (there's probably a crowd-sourced spreadsheet for this here somewhere in fact)

Thanks!

Spreadsheet above - that should give you a rough idea. That said, my 7/25 build week truck has been 'in production' for 70 days..

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Hard to pin down how the MY2023 production will flow, but here is recent order & production history for CO bound orders, keep an eye on conversations in the 8/15 build week thread as @badger_7 truck makes its way !

See link in my SIG for more 2022 production data, sort and filter to your hearts desire.

Ford F-150 Lightning What is the Current Approximate Time From Placing Order to Delivery? 1663959004297

Ford F-150 Lightning What is the Current Approximate Time From Placing Order to Delivery? 1663959041172

Sponsored

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Hard to pin down how the MY2023 production will flow, but here is recent order & production history for CO bound orders, keep an eye on conversations in the 8/15 build week thread as @badger_7 truck makes its way !

See link in my SIG for more 2022 production data, sort and filter to your hearts desire.

1663959004297.png

1663959041172.png
NJ recent deliveries look to be 4-5 weeks from build week. Hope it holds true for 23

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Scheduling is mostly a function of how often you log into your account and how many times you refresh the page each day. I would explain more but I have to go hit F5 to see if I am scheduled.

OP
OP
Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
OP & FNG here... I have no idea what chip date or blend date are so much of this applicable info is going straight over my head. So far I'm seeing about 70 days from the date of order so that gives me a simplified idea: nearly a month-and-a-half from the reference point I have which is my order date.
Sponsored