• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is your electricity rate?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I live in El Dorado County, near Sacramento in Northern California. PG&E rate is terribly high.

If I choose to stay with tiered plan, lowest price is 31c/kWh, during winter I would use a lot of electricity at 39c/kWh. During summer I would definitely use a lot at 49c/kWh due to 100F for weeks.

PG&E is moving us to TOU, time of use plan. With TOU, the lowest would be 33c/kWh off peak during summer.

PG&E provides EV plan for residents with EV's, which is completely a joke. 12am-3am price is 24.5c/pKw for us to charge EV or battery, the they charge 56c/kWh when we need to use electricity.

Given that EV charge is on top of regular usage, my Lightning would be charged at 40-50c/kWh, which makes it costs 25c/mile, that equals to $5/gal gas cost. It makes me thinking that I should sell Lightning next year when price is right and replace it with a ICE F150 if I don't already have solar installed.

How can we get rid of this garbage company?

1st picture is for EV rate. 2nd picture is for regular rate, either Tiered or TOU rate.

Ford F-150 Lightning What is your electricity rate? pg1.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning What is your electricity rate? pg2.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oof, those are horrible rates. I am paying about 16 cents per kWhr in upstate NY and even that is above average.

I would suggest getting solar and getting off that grid!

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Oof, those are horrible rates. I am paying about 16 cents per kWhr in upstate NY and even that is above average.

The price is already super high, and they raise a few cents every 1-2 quarters. They still claim they lost money and file bankruptcy to squeeze more money.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

Tom..are you national grid? I figured .13 cents per kWh..but I DID NOT include the basic service charge since that is a static cost. Maybe I need to look closer..did NG raise the rates while I wasn't looking.

On a related note..our solar anniversary just rolled by..we produced 100% of our electric bill+ 1500 KwH extra. That would be enough for about 3600 "free" miles in the Lightning. I can't wait...

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
11.8 cents "anytime" rate in summer, 8.5 cents in Winter. There are some peak/off peak options I may consider but not materially different overall

Sponsored

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
[updated to include missing 0 and add all taxes and fees]
Below is for the St. Louis, MO area (very dirty coal plant, but cheap):
1) Normal plan rates for
June - September are $0.1296 ($0.1458 with taxes and fees)​
October - May rates are $0.881 for the first 750kWh and $0.0591 ($0.0665 with fees & taxes) above that​
2) Since I always use at least 750kWh, my effective rate for an EV is $0.0665/kWh October - May!
3) Off-peak rate plans can also significantly change the math since you pay more for peak and less for off-peak. When Ford releases the Home Integration System feature to use the truck’s power during peak and charge off peak, this will change the math as well. I’m interested to see if it is worth the battery life “wear”.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It TX I'm paying about .09 per kWh. I'm currently out of contract so I need to look at providers and lock in for another year or two as rates are going up some.

I don't realize how good we've got it here, rates are good compared to other places.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Tom..are you national grid? I figured .13 cents per kWh..but I DID NOT include the basic service charge since that is a static cost. Maybe I need to look closer..did NG raise the rates while I wasn't looking.

On a related note..our solar anniversary just rolled by..we produced 100% of our electric bill+ 1500 KwH extra. That would be enough for about 3600 "free" miles in the Lightning. I can't wait...
Yes, National Grid. Rate went up a bit sometime in the last few months (was surprised when I did the math a few weeks ago). They hide it well with all of the crazy breakdowns they do.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Below is for the St. Louis, MO area (very dirty coal plant, but cheap):
1) Normal plan rates for
June - September are $0.1296​
October - May rates are $0.881 for the first 750kWh and $0.591 above that​
2) Since I always use at least 750kWh, my effective rate for an EV is $0.591 October - May!
3) Off-peak rate plans can also significantly change the math since you pay more for peak and less for off-peak. When Ford releases the Home Integration System feature to use the truck’s power during peak and charge off peak, this will change the math as well. I’m interested to see if it is worth the battery life “wear”.
Hello from St. Charles! I went into my Ameren account and they said basically no difference between my rate whether I use peak or anytime rate. We will see how that changes after the lightning arrives.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As was said, make sure you include all costs.

My off-peak rate is shown as $0.00948 per kWh. Then I have to add the non capacity charge of $0.04261, the power supply cost recovery of $0.00665, the distribution cost of $0.06611, and allocate the monthly service charge, LIEAF factor, Other Delivery Volumeric Surcharges, and Sales Tax.

So I'm at 12.485 cents off-peak plus allocation of those other costs.

Reactions: GDN

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
Last edited:

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
Move down the hill to get SMUD. Unless things have changed, they were always much cheaper than PG&E. I live in Texas now. I'm half way through a 2 year contract for roughly 0.10 per kWh (includes delivery charge). Here's the breakdown of my last bill (I don't have solar helping to offset).
Ford F-150 Lightning What is your electricity rate? electricity_rate

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
It's complicated for me to answer this because taking advantage of "electric choice" in Ohio means that the answer is a few different pieces. My documented "price to compare" is currently $0.0494/kWh for my "green choice" supplier cost...

My net used was 1,707 kWH this past bill, which billed at $133.46, so the actual cost taking into account supply, distribution, etc. was roughly $0.0782/kWh.

I should note that there's no time of use difference for me.
Sponsored