• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Changed on the 2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah I thought about it, less than elegant solution though. If I can find some kit that I can install into the seats that might be okay. It is honestly more of the 'wtf man' feeling about it, particularly when I don't feel like there was that much added going from pro to XLT (I also originally thought the XLT base got the 15" screen, so that at least felt like a reasonable upgrade).
Katzkin heated seats are a way to make up for your biggest complaint. I'm in Buffalo, NY with a XLT SR and I've been wondering how no heated seats will be this winter, since it's been 15+ years since I've owned a car without them. Step one will be to try to tough it out, if that fails, step two will be Katzkin.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
FFS this is what I think may make me sell my truck I'm going to get tomorrow. I did not realize my $55k XLT didn't have that as standard until like a month ago. I'm in the NE so heated seats are almost considered a must.
Heated seats aren’t too difficult for a decent upholstery shop to add. I’m going to miss the heated steering wheel from my Silverado.

I was looking at this kit for my Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Rostra-250-1...t=&hvlocphy=9002118&hvtargid=pla-569208182559

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
They are only taking the scales away if you remove them. I left mine on and it's not affecting the Autumn 23 date...yet.

Sponsored

F150_Xpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Sprinter,R1250 GSA, Husky TPI, KTM 790
Did they remove the Home Charger when you order the Lariat ER? don't see it listed.

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
They are only taking the scales away if you remove them. I left mine on and it's not affecting the Autumn 23 date...yet.
The scales are an automatic removal

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The scales are an automatic removal
I didn't have the removal option selected when I ordered my Pro. As far as my order shows, it's coming with scales in Autumn of 2023.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
"However, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning is ditching two of its features amid the chip shortage and various other supply issues – On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch."

"These sorts of deletions figure to continue for the foreseeable future as well, though Ford CEO Jim Farley recently reiterated that he believes the chip shortage will begin to ease as soon as 2023."

Clearly states the MY22 is affected...says nothing about MY23 and my Pro I just placed an order for stated it comes with Scales.

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
You can order it with whatever you want, but they may require you remove it or it may not get scheduled to build. Don't be terribly surprised if you don't get scheduled.

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
From the pictures on the Ford configurator for the 2023; it looks like the Lariat and the Platinum have the same grille now and the XLT and Pro have their own distinct versions. Has anyone heard this as a change?

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You can order it with whatever you want, but they may require you remove it or it may not get scheduled to build. Don't be terribly surprised if you don't get scheduled.
Fair enough.

Or...the chip shortage alleviates in 2023 as expected by Ford and I get a truck with all features.

Who knows?

Tbrou16

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Occupation
Paint
Good Lord, they removed a lot of stuff for a price increase. You'd think they'd have one or two low-cost niceties to add to the MY2023 rather than making it almost objectively worse than the 2022 model for more money.