• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Changed on the 2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
* Removal of some charge cables as standard.
Was portable charger (120V/240V 30A) included in 22 Pro? It is $500 in 23 so I took it off to get a 40 Amp generic online instead but now I am wondering if it was included in 22, does price Gurantee cover it? If it does, I will miss out on a free charger? or they will include it to be nice despite the fact that I don't have it on order (I thought you could use a laugh)?
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I’d describe it as “removal as a default.” One click to restore them.
My dealer took On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch off with around $600 reduction from the package saying it is due to chip shortage. Frankly, I only cared about a few items in the package, scale was one of them.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer took On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch off with around $600 reduction from the package saying it is due to chip shortage. Frankly, I only cared about a few items in the package, scale was one of them.
Again….the default configuration is less scales/smart hitch for a $600 deduct. You can change the configuration to add them back. It could delay your truck, but it’s available to order.

OP
OP

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
They are only taking the scales away if you remove them. I left mine on and it's not affecting the Autumn 23 date...yet.
Have been scheduled yet. According to the order guide, if you order the Tow Tech Package you are required to add the Onboard Scales Removal option.

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Changed on the 2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING Screenshot 2022-08-19 115053

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Have been scheduled yet. According to the order guide, if you order the Tow Tech Package you are required to add the Onboard Scales Removal option.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 115053.jpg
Was not required when I ordered. Still have my scales attached to my order. Dealer accepted and placed my order.

I don't think any MY23 Pro orders have been scheduled yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Was not required when I ordered. Still have my scales attached to my order. Dealer accepted and placed my order.

It probably won't get a scheduled build date until you have the dealer add that option to your order. Hopefully at some point they catch up on microchips and it will not be needed.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
It probably won't get a scheduled build date until you have the dealer add that option to your order. Hopefully at some point they catch up on microchips and it will not be needed.
Since Ford indicated the retail Pro orders won't be delivered until "autumn 2023," I think anyone with a Pro order who wants the scales can probably take a wait-and-see approach, rather than delete them from the order now.

jdarmstrong

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 F150 4.6L V8 FX2, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Senior Systems Administrator
Didn't watch, but did he mention the loss of AM radio? I'm curious as I only saw that on the order sheet thing.
I hope that means no more whip antenna! Ridiculous that it’s 2022 and still have whip antennas on some vehicles.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

The real question is whether Ford will accept your order with the scales OR it will get lost in a wormhole somewhere. With the current state of affairs I'd be hesitant about anything that makes your order extra special or outside the norm. That's just asking for it to be stuck somewhere and Ford is too busy to actually contact you and have you change it,

Just my opinion but you may be asking for a lengthy delay only to be told your order wasn't scheduled because it had scales and no one bothered to tell you(or the dealer)

Just my 2c....

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
That was my thinking..with Ford's lack of communication I'd be hesitant about swerving outside the norm. That could potentially cause a lengthy delay.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The real question is whether Ford will accept your order with the scales OR it will get lost in a wormhole somewhere. With the current state of affairs I'd be hesitant about anything that makes your order extra special or outside the norm. That's just asking for it to be stuck somewhere and Ford is too busy to actually contact you and have you change it,

Just my opinion but you may be asking for a lengthy delay only to be told your order wasn't scheduled because it had scales and no one bothered to tell you(or the dealer)

Just my 2c....
As a MY23 Pro order....aren't we all in fir a lengthy delay anyway.

I'll ask my dealer though, I just added on the Max Tow package for the extra cooling and they had the change in within an hour.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Removal of the onboard scales that is a biggie. All the other changes I understand, but im having a hard time with that onboard scales removal, while still adding cost.

Then again GM is charging over 100k for a truck with no onboard scales. Now that i think about more, guess i dont have a problem with it.

However, whomever missed a few decimals while outlining the cost to make this truck is toast..
onboard scale was only a bar graph thingy, only. Kind of like ProPower only tells you the range of power you are using, such as <200. So to me, the scales were mostly marketing anyway.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Remove of onboard scale, under seats foldable storage for Lariat/platinum, heated seats for Pro, no more mobile chargers, no more massage seats for platinum etc. Lot of Items missing.

What a quality video!
Hey they did add something - $5000 more expensive! The underseat folding storage is a shame to lose, though.