• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When and how much would Ford and other manufacturers increase MSRP?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Chip prices increased by 7% in Q4 last year, and would increase another 15% later this year.

Tesla prices increased more than 20% across the line since last summer, Rivian also increased price by similar amount.

Material price is jumping, parts price and labor price are trending same. It looks like inevitable for vehicle makers to increase their MSRP around >15% by next year.

That's why I changed the plan and decide to buy a Lariat ER this year. Combine with $7500 tax credit, I guess for the same amount $72k before tax, I can only buy a well equipped Pro ER (if available) next year.

This inflation is just crazy. I cannot imagine that I "saved" $25k with the Model X I have not picked up. I guess next year I can say I saved $20k with F150 Lightning.

Update:

I "saved" $31k on Model X. Price increase is 34.4%!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It won't be that bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if prices go up a few thousand for next year.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
The Mach-E has increased already at least twice, but Ford offers "price protection" where you get the price you ordered at. (I just looked it up and apparently the second increase, the one this month, was rolled back on a technicality, namely "we aren't letting any more be ordered this model year so changing the price is moot".)

So the "when" is "whenever Ford thinks it's time", to be simplistic about it.

The "how much" is always going to basically be 🤷 for us randos out here, until the increase is announced.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This thread calls for speculation, and none of us knows enough about Ford's margins on this product, combined with their desired sales strategy, by trim, combined with their studies on customer price level tolerance, to make any intelligent guesses.

Mach-E prices were increased multiple times, most recently in October and then again in December, not counting the recent "gaff". That latest increase is likely to show up when the 2023 model is released.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
minimum 10% increase in inevitable. They have more orders then they can build. Why would Ford sell it cheaper?
Because they want the masses to buy it. They want to overwhelm the competition.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Because they want the masses to buy it. They want to overwhelm the competition.
Lightning has no real competition. That's at least a year away. No one else including GM/Tesla has capability to hit 100K EV trucks

plus margins trump everything. Its justified and will have little to no impact

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The Mach-E has increased already at least twice, but Ford offers "price protection" where you get the price you ordered at. (I just looked it up and apparently the second increase, the one this month, was rolled back on a technicality, namely "we aren't letting any more be ordered this model year so changing the price is moot".)

So the "when" is "whenever Ford thinks it's time", to be simplistic about it.

The "how much" is always going to basically be 🤷 for us randos out here, until the increase is announced.
Yah!

My wife's MME order was placed on the last day before order banks closed for the 2022 MME.

Hate to see what the 2023 MY will be listed at....

Ford F-150 Lightning When and how much would Ford and other manufacturers increase MSRP? Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 6.40.28 AM

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
It is mainly cause by inflation.
Caused by inflation .... when the price increase is also the cause of inflation. This isn't the place for that discussion, but how are we going to get out of this inflation spiral?

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
They'll probably wait until GM announces Silverado EV pricing (or, more likely, they'll get the GM pricing via back channels). There won't be much difference between whatever GM announces and what the Lightning will be going for when the SEV hits the market.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
They'll probably wait until GM announces Silverado EV pricing (or, more likely, they'll get the GM pricing via back channels). There won't be much difference between whatever GM announces and what the Lightning will be going for when the SEV hits the market.
Pricing is already out for the 2023 Silverado - it is just the RST at 115k. The rest are all later in 2024.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
minimum 10% increase in inevitable. They have more orders then they can build. Why would Ford sell it cheaper?
Ford *could have* priced this at $100k+ and sold every one they could produce for the next few years.(Look at Hummer & Silverado 1st edition)..however Ford is playing the long game. Price competition is not there now...but will be in a few years--Rivian, Tesla, Silevrado, Canoo?, etc. They are trying to get you hooked NOW before you start looking elsewhere. Plus..if Ford really wants to get ICE drivers to transition to EVs they need to keep the price differential somewhat close. Potential adopters(first time EVs) will balk if the Lightning is a huge amount over ICE.

I also do think Ford is holding onto the slim hope that the tax credit will get revived before the midterms. If that is the case there MAY BE an $80k cap..so they MAY play it safe around that until the election.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Pricing is already out for the 2023 Silverado - it is just the RST at 115k. The rest are all later in 2024.
Chevy has said they would have different trims at various price points--

" Future variations will offer a range of MSRPs, from around $50,000 to $60,000, $70,000, $80,000 and more, depending on selected battery range and available features such as Multi-Flex Midgate® with pass-through, panoramic fixed-glass roof, 4-Wheel Steer and Wide Open Watts Mode - providing a wide variety of capability and pricing "

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I meant when they release the the pricing for the mid-level trims. They've only released pricing on the WT and RST. I guess those prices might not be out before Ford needs to set pricing for 2023 Lightning, considering Chevy won't be selling those until 2024.
Sponsored