• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When does wave 4 MY2023 start?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm not expecting to be invited, but I'm curious to see how often the waves will come. I was thinking it would be monthly and kind of surprised there hasn't been any word yet.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Getting invited is not all it's cracked up to be. I was invited 8/11 and have not been scheduled yet and theoretically may not be until next fall.

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
Getting invited is not all it's cracked up to be. I was invited 8/11 and have not been scheduled yet and theoretically may not be until next fall.
Being invited may at the very least offer some price protection that the reservation holders don't get. That's a pretty big deal.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Being invited may at the very least offer some price protection that the reservation holders don't get. That's a pretty big deal.
Waves 1 and 2 got Price Protection. Wave 3 didn't and Ford stated they wouldn't do that moving forward. This had already been noticed by some that ordered the Pro in Wave 3 through a glitch. Their orders were raised in price according to posts yesterday.

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
Waves 1 and 2 got Price Protection. Wave 3 didn't and Ford stated they wouldn't do that moving forward. This had already been noticed by some that ordered the Pro in Wave 3 through a glitch. Their orders were raised in price according to posts yesterday.
Are you sure about that? According to yesterday's CNBC article about the recent pro price increase " Current retail order holders and commercial and government customers with a scheduled order will be unaffected by the price increase."

Also, last I talked to my dealer, they said that prices would be locked in when an order was made, but that any changes to the order made at a later date would be subject to the prices when the change was made.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/05/ford-ups-starting-price-of-electric-f-150-lightning-to-51974-.html

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You have a point but keep in mind, it is only a big deal IF there is another price increase after OP orders in wave 4. So it MAY be beneficial.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You have a point but keep in mind, it is only a big deal IF there is another price increase after OP orders in wave 4. So it MAY be beneficial.
Unfortunately I'm a late reservation holder so it's unlikely I'll get an invite in wave 4. I'm mostly curious so I can keep myself occupied by projecting when I might get it. I reserved Oct 31 last year when I read an article about Ford having 160k reservations. Getting a 2023 MY invite will largely depend on the conversion rate. I suspect I will be in the 2024 MY group and I'm trying not to think about all the price increases between then and now.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately I'm a late reservation holder so it's unlikely I'll get an invite in wave 4. I'm mostly curious so I can keep myself occupied by projecting when I might get it. I reserved Oct 31 last year when I read an article about Ford having 160k reservations. Getting a 2023 MY invite will largely depend on the conversion rate. I suspect I will be in the 2024 MY group and I'm trying not to think about all the price increases between then and now.
There are often benefits in not being in front of the line. The only thing I was missing in 22 Pro was heated seat, now that is included in 23. I am sure there will be ton of bugs in 23 that will be ironed out by 24. Only obsess about it if it is fun to do otherwise go live your life and come back when you get that email. you will be surprised how much time you can lose in these forums.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haha, yes I have started spending a lot of time here. However, it's time well spent. For instance, I had no idea what was required for charging at home until I started exploring what everyone was talking about here. I've learned a ton and I think that will pay dividends on my first EV ownership experience.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
My wife doesn't even ask what im doing typing away on my phone (this forum). She is sick of hearing about the Lightning it so it's nice to jump on here to read and comment with like-minded people lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
My wife doesn't even ask what im doing typing away on my phone (this forum). She is sick of hearing about the Lightning it so it's nice to jump on here to read and comment with like-minded people lol
My spouse is the same way. Cant say I blame her. Apparently I have a problem with just moving on to something else. Thanks Ford for getting me excited over the last...HMMM....17 months and counting....

RVALightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Had some questions so emailed my dealer to see if they knew anything.

She said they had not received any update on the next wave timing beyond what was shared at the beginning of the MY2023 rollout.

Originally she told me I had moved up from 89th (original position) to 78th (I know sad I did not reserve until September). But then emailed me back later in the day to say they had “quite a few cancellations” that were not being reflected in their list which hadn’t been updated in a while so who knows

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I reserved 11/15 and my order is placed. So you never know

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AZ isn't a ZEV state so my dealers aren't getting many allocations. My dealer got 1 out of 84 reservations for the 22 MY, none so far for 23 MY. I can wait, wife wants to test drive before we order and there's none available in town that I'm aware of.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
So their order summary on their ford.com account shows the new pricing now?
Sponsored