• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When your Ford Lightning Youtube video goes viral for the wrong reasons:

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd

Interesting followup to the viral video and how the Lightning was "bad" as touted in many news networks.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have no sympathy for him. He gets to collect the clicks on his original sh*tpost YouTube video and the follow up mea culpa video.

If he really felt bad about how the video was perceived it he would change the thumbnail on his original video.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I have no sympathy for him. He gets to collect the clicks on his original sh*tpost YouTube video and the follow up mea culpa video.

If he really felt bad about how the video was perceived it he would change the thumbnail on his original video.

He knew exactly what he was doing. He's an idiot, but he's not stupid. He purposely used an SR truck on purpose and then complains about the result.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Tyler Hoover just like every other YouTuber on the planet uses hyperbole and attention grabbing headlines to get viewers. I can't imagine he didn't know what was going to happen before he hooked up a trailer to his Lightning. But he's never been one in the class of TFL or Out of Spec who gets prepared ahead of time.

I would like to know how the conversation between him and Emma Berg went.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Tyler Hoover just like every other YouTuber on the planet uses hyperbole and attention grabbing headlines to get viewers. I can't imagine he didn't know what was going to happen before he hooked up a trailer to his Lightning. But he's never been one in the class of TFL or Out of Spec who gets prepared ahead of time.

I would like to know how the conversation between him and Emma Berg went.
The problem I have with Tyler is he left out some important information and he misrepresented what the test means. I did a bad job (on purpose) of not setting the context.

He did a lot of things that ensured he got the worst result std range, drove at 75mph etc. He failed to compare it to the ER. He used the word disaster as an "attention getter" when he made it there and back. He also had abundant power..more than the gas model. For a lot of use cases the range is just fine-- example: towing to the nearby lake, contractors towing equipment around town.

Its hardly a disaster and the problem can somewhat be mitigated with the ER version. Also there are plenty of use cases that do not involve long distance towing.

This was very different from TFL or Out of Spec which are fair

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
This is the best case scenario for Hoovie. He doesn't care. He's pretending to care because it lets him make another video.

If he DID care, he wouldn't double down and say something like "and they're not wrong! How is this supposed to work for a plumber or a lanscaper!"

Umm, because plenty of plumbers and landscapers aren't driving >120 miles per day at 75mph? And there are about a zillion trucks and work trucks that aren't even towing or tow shorter distances for other types of businesses.

He's being misleading, at least, by exaggerating an issue that affects a small number of people into a big, general problem with the truck.

So, then, unsurprisingly, a bunch of people who know even less about EVs twist it into moronic articles. And then the King of the Idiots just uses the video as a jumping board for making stuff up, pulling things straight out of... the air.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Might have just seen the moment Ford execs decide to cancel any SR sales for non-fleet buyers.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The author of these videos admits he lives off sensationalism provided in them…and the drama he tries to create….all politics aside, just as the internet commentators and other internet content providers he mentions. What a way to make a living….

BTW….my first & last time viewing one of his………

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well I can wait until someone pulls up next to me thinking it has no torque :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
How many landscapers drive 200 miles per day? How do they make any profit doing that?
You see, they put a mower attachment on the front bumper...

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
It is very simple: (most) videos are for people who can not read because they waste your time. A few lines that you can read in just one minute turns out to be a 10 minutes stupid video and the more you dislike, the more money they make.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

Interesting followup to the viral video and how the Lightning was "bad" as touted in many news networks.
You've got to love the Internet.