• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will the MY23 standard range trucks qualify for tax credit after 1/1/23?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I have to imagine there are a lot of other MY23 wave 1,2&3 order holders wondering will they or won't they qualify for a full or half credit if kept below $80k? I can't imagine they are changing much about the batteries in the next few months. Where are they currently built? I know there's an SK/Ford collaboration battery plant being built in Tennessee but that is several years off. Of course I'm really hoping to take delivery before the end of the year but not being scheduled as of yet that hope is slipping away quickly. It would sure be nice to have the credit cover my sales tax and home charger install.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Best answer we have is "we don't know". We don't have the assembly / materials information from Ford and we don't have the IRS interpretation of the rules yet.

Best of luck.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have to imagine there are a lot of other MY23 wave 1,2&3 order holders wondering will they or won't they qualify for a full or half credit if kept below $80k? I can't imagine they are changing much about the batteries in the next few months. Where are they currently built? I know there's an SK/Ford collaboration battery plant being built in Tennessee but that is several years off. Of course I'm really hoping to take delivery before the end of the year but not being scheduled as of yet that hope is slipping away quickly. It would sure be nice to have the credit cover my sales tax and home charger install.
I am in the same boat. I would say, if the information does not impact your decision to do something differently, think about something else that is a bit more fun instead. I would still take delivery even if Tax incentive goes down to zero (as long as dealer does not screw me out of 22 pricing).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I just went with the Lariat ER figuring the credit is a roll of the dice anyway. I’d have been really disappointed to order a lesser truck than I really wanted just for the credit only to not get it anyway.

OP
OP
JPro

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I am in the same boat. I would say, if the information does not impact your decision to do something differently, think about something else that is a bit more fun instead. I would still take delivery even if Tax incentive goes down to zero (as long as dealer does not screw me out of 22 pricing).
I wish I could have got the MY 22 price protection but I’m one wave too late for that (wave 3) so really hoping for some tax credit or it’s a double whammy price increase..

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I wish I could have got the MY 22 price protection but I’m one wave too late for that (wave 3) so really hoping for some tax credit or it’s a double whammy price increase..
It is just too much of a coincidence that new tax law kicks in just when Ford start to run out of it's 200K. They wouldn't pass a law that is not good for Ford. You will get something.

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I got this from the Ford earnings report transcript yesterday.
" Ford EVs and our PHEVs remain eligible for the $7,500 tax credit until guidance is issued at the end of this year. Next year, we believe we'll meet the $3,750 critical materials credit requirement on certain Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning models. In '24, the rules will further restrict this critical materials credit. "

OP
OP
JPro

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I got this from the Ford earnings report transcript yesterday.
" Ford EVs and our PHEVs remain eligible for the $7,500 tax credit until guidance is issued at the end of this year. Next year, we believe we'll meet the $3,750 critical materials credit requirement on certain Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning models. In '24, the rules will further restrict this critical materials credit. "
Did it say anything about the Battery components portion? Or is not mentioning it basically saying it won't??

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Did it say anything about the Battery components portion? Or is not mentioning it basically saying it won't??
I didn't see mention of the battery components $3750 portion. People on here all thought that one was in the bag for Ford.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I didn't see mention of the battery components $3750 portion. People on here all thought that one was in the bag for Ford.
Batteries have been the linchpin of the new tax credit for 23' and beyond. Material sourcing and construction of the batteries. Half is better than nothing I guess 🤔

Sponsored
OP
OP
JPro

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I feel very lucky to have gotten a second reservation and it was for my father, who extended for a Pro and ordered, build day Nov 1st. If we get it by 12/31, I make enough and will give him $7500 tax credit. It will be in both of our names. If it’s after, he doesn’t pay enough in Federal taxes for a big refund, and I make too much. I feel lucky just to get it at 2022 price, if that’s what the personal offer will be?
Sponsored