• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windows fogged up after rain

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
It's been raining here in socal over the last few days and my Lightning has just sat on my driveway during this time. Yesterday I got in the truck and all of the windows were fogged up and it was very humid inside. The front windshield was so fogged up, water was dripping down the inside of the windshield. I ran the window defroster and it cleared up for the most part. I did receive a warning that the front camera lens needed cleaning. I checked the front camera on the windshield and it has moisture inside it. Anyone else experience this?

Ford F-150 Lightning Windows fogged up after rain VideoCapture_20230107-084009
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I haven't had that problem yet through our mild wet winter in Southern New England, the plastic shroud from the inside is removable, taking it off might help get more defroster air flow across the area with moisture build up, set the HVAC to full defrost until it's cleared up.

==========
Edit, I think what I was thinking of is not the same area as the trouble spot you're having, but still try DEFROST and AC on at warm temperatures to help with dehumidification.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Do you have the moonroof? Check your drip rails and make sure they are draining. If they are pooling water the interior will be very humid.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Do you have the moonroof? Check your drip rails and make sure they are draining. If they are pooling water the interior will be very humid.
How do you do that? What's a drip rail?

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Check under your floor mats for moisture. If the carpet is wet you may have a leaking wind shield.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
How do you do that? What's a drip rail?
It's the sides of the moonroof frame. The moonroof is designed to leak. On the back and front of each side is a drain tube. Reach your hand up by the window and make sure there isn't any water in the window frame, aka drip rail.

Start watching this video at about 3 minutes. He will explain how it drains.

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
I have a PRO (no moonroof) and have had this exact same thing happen. Same error displayed (something about safety features not available, camera obstructed). I don’t recall the exact weather conditions at the time but I’ve never had a vehicle have that much moisture on the inside of a window in a closed car.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It's been raining a lot here and zero water or excess moisture in my cab. Can you check with a flashlight (and by touching) all of the floor areas, under the dash, behind the rear seats, etc. and see if anything is wet? Also check the headliner and A pillar. You shouldn't find any water anywhere.

whiskeyfrog

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have a similar issue with water getting in the cab. No windshield fogging, but my floor on the driver side is drenched. I did find the plug near the front and pulled that to help it drain. This NorCal rain is doing a number on whatever is failing.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I discovered my driver-side floor was drenched today after a car wash yesterday. I don't have a moonroof. Water is getting in somewhere. I do see what appears to be a missing grommet under the driver-side floor. I can reach from under the truck and touch the carpet padding. But the volume of water seems unlikely that this was the cause. I still need to investigate.

I use rubber mats, so it may have been an issue for me for a while. In our last significant rain, I did notice water on the top side of my rubber mats. I wasn't sure if it was just rain water from my shoes but now I'm suspect.
Sponsored