• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
It didn’t work. Just the graphics showed up but didn’t function.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
if i install the lights without using Forscan, will they just not work at all? looking now into how to use forscan... but was curious if they just wouldnt work at all without it.
I was concerned about using Forscan but is very easy. Watch a few videos on youtube for basic usage and then follow blocheads changes and you will be fine

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah, following OP instructions including Forscan changes should work. Forscan can also be weird sometimes, sometimes you need to cycle power via ignition and even drive the truck before all options take.
I have a pro without zone lighting (actually, I don’t have any options!) and I haven’t been able to get them to work. I followed the OP instructions. Admittedly, I haven’t poked around in FORScan to see if there’s anything obvious my zero option truck needs to enable to get them to start working.
So did you find the solution here? I am having the same issue as you where Forscan says complete but bed lights don’t turn on.

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
This will work if you enable the correct options in Forscan. If it doesn’t work try it again and cycle on/off the truck a few times. If needed you can force reset the module through Forscan but it shouldn’t be needed.

Sponsored

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
This will work if you enable the correct options in Forscan. If it doesn’t work try it again and cycle on/off the truck a few times. If needed you can force reset the module through Forscan but it shouldn’t be needed.
Tried enabling correct options in Forscan again and turned on and off a few times but still no luck. Do you have any suggestions?

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Maybe give it a day or two to take effect.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Maybe give it a day or two to take effect.
It’s been weeks for me. They don’t work. I even ordered another switch and lamp to ply with on the bench so that I could understand the logic completely before digging in to the plugs to see if I could figure out if it was something I did during install. But the parts are on back order so I have t done any more.
Forscan shows the OP’s suggested options as active. Nothing doing.

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
It’s been weeks for me. They don’t work. I even ordered another switch and lamp to ply with on the bench so that I could understand the logic completely before digging in to the plugs to see if I could figure out if it was something I did during install. But the parts are on back order so I have t done any more.
Forscan shows the OP’s suggested options as active. Nothing doing.
My hunch is that another option needs to be activated in FORScan for us Pro owners. Mine is not working after a couple of days and I also reset the module

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My hunch is that another option needs to be activated in FORScan for us Pro owners. Mine is not working after a couple of days and I also reset the module
I followed the OP instructions exactly and have had no issues on my MY23 Pro with Tow Tech.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I followed the OP instructions exactly and have had no issues on my MY23 Pro with Tow Tech.
Yep mine still works too. I bought the crazy color changing led set them to blue like the truck.
Benny have tried anything with the door keypad yet? I’m debating on just cutting the trim to accept the keypad or buying the pre-cut trim. But I want to make sure the wiring is in the door.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yep mine still works too. I bought the crazy color changing led set them to blue like the truck.
Benny have tried anything with the door keypad yet? I’m debating on just cutting the trim to accept the keypad or buying the pre-cut trim. But I want to make sure the wiring is in the door.
I haven't yet, I personally would buy the precut trim. Unfortunately I still can't find an in stock keypad...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Reactions: s_c

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I bought from there and 3 others. They all cancel the order within a day due to it being out of stock.
More money but shows in stock.
Driver Side Keyless Entry Keypad | Replacement for 2015-2020 Ford F-150/250/350/450/550 Super Duty | Replaces# 601-046, FL3Z14A626AA https://a.co/d/gsPUomT
Sponsored