• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Tim just read a Ford memo on his livestream that Ford will open XLT ordering for wave 8 that should launch any day now. He said the memo said March 2nd but of course that didn't happen. Will likely go fast.

EDIT: Order banks finally opened on March 30. They will close again on Apr 24th.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Good luck to those waiting for an order invite.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I guess if those folks waiting to order see the XLT open, don't hesitate.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
As an XLT owner, hoping more of you get to order it.

XLT + Premium is the ideal config IMO for those going to use the truck as a daily as well for truck things. I wished I could have optioned the power sliding rear window. Not offered for XLT, so I added a manual one aftermarket.

And if I'm being picky, I'd prefer the black headliner the upper trims have as well. I wasn't willing to lose the physical button controls for those though. I'm debating retrofitting the black headliner next. The bed scales would have been a big deal for me, but not sure those have made it back into production for any trim level yet.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Also, don't forget to pick the packages you want.

Pro Power and Tailgate Step are 2 that come to mind as being popular but overlooked with owners later regretting the omission.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone want mine? I have a reservation for an XLT but wound up buying an abandoned Lariat.
No official way to sell or transfer a reservation, unless someone in your household is ready to buy a second Lightning.

You could cancel the old reservation and get your $100 back.....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Farts. No way to buy it, then immediatly flip it so the new owner can capture the tax credit?
That is not possible either.......

The best option is to NOT exercise the order, cancel the reservation and let an anxious XLT reservationist have a shot at the brass ring.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
The XLT is fine. It doesn't make sense for ER use cases given the small price delta to Lariat, but for standard range it's the sweet spot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Finally got the email today for XLT!
Interesting that it would come on a Saturday. I have an open invite from December but the order page hasn't opened back up yet. Are you getting an order button? Or maybe it's a Canada thing?

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
It’s an email from the dealer. There’s a link to the dealers website that has a form. Is there supposed to be something straight from ford where I can order online?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It’s an email from the dealer. There’s a link to the dealers website that has a form. Is there supposed to be something straight from ford where I can order online?
Yes, if you don't order online from Ford your dealer can mark it up and do what they want with the order. It sounds like they might try to obtain dealer stock and then have you committed to buy.

The way its supposed to work, and get you some assurances/price protection is you login to your Ford account after you've been invited to order (from Ford, not your dealer), click on your reservation, and you should see available trims to order.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Double check with some of your fellow Canadians on the forum to confirm that there is an online portal via WWW.FORD.CA similar to how we in the USA order via WWW.FORD.COM

You should be able to log in, look at your reservation, when chosen to place an order, the button to do so will appear with your reservation.

Possibly your dealership is trying to get you to commit to a reservation to order inside the dealership, this process was intended to help folks concerned about using the self service ordering system.

@XLT Jeffy
@tkittlitz
@timber114
@Taylor
@Sparky90
@ScottyG
@saturnschildren
@Sadlymistaked
@RonB
@robert5090
@playjack
@pbd05
@pbd05
@NickG
@NewfoundlandLightning
@Mdesigns
@Lavaorange
@IH905
@Hopeful
@Griswold22
@Galactus55
@fubar79
@Fingerbang
@DevonD
@d2blake
@Cape Breton Lightning
@Cannelle.bonbon
@Bmann
@AMB_Tremor r
@22LightningPlati

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
When I ordered last year (in Ontario), I never received a link to order online, it was all through the dealer via e-mail.
Sponsored