• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint Protection Film w/ Lightning Badging

Aces_Over_Kings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost; 2022 Lariat ER (poached)
Hi gang,

Have any of you either wrapped your new Lightnings in PPF or considered it? I was toying with the idea of a full PPF, maybe even XPEL Stealth for a satin finish, but am worried about the Lightning badging, particularly the lettering on the bedside.

Anyone with more experience have a sense of how that would work (or if it could work). I know that for some emblems they can carefully cut around things (ford ovals, etc), but for other adhesive badging like the lettering, I assumed one would have to get a new aftermarket set to apply afterwards. I doubt this is available yet for the Lightnings.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Hi gang,

Have any of you either wrapped your new Lightnings in PPF or considered it? I was toying with the idea of a full PPF, maybe even XPEL Stealth for a satin finish, but am worried about the Lightning badging, particularly the lettering on the bedside.

Anyone with more experience have a sense of how that would work (or if it could work). I know that for some emblems they can carefully cut around things (ford ovals, etc), but for other adhesive badging like the lettering, I assumed one would have to get a new aftermarket set to apply afterwards. I doubt this is available yet for the Lightnings.

Thanks in advance!
The lettering should be available through your dealership parts department. It might be backordered fir a while because the Lightning is a new model.

OP
OP

Aces_Over_Kings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost; 2022 Lariat ER (poached)
The lettering should be available through your dealership parts department. It might be backordered fir a while because the Lightning is a new model.
Hmm, yeah, I figured there was probably no way to detach and then reapply. I suspect it'll be a LONG while before there's any Lightning-specific surplus parts.

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I'm scheduled for PPF install in 2 weeks, but only doing front, hood, and rocker panels so no labels to deal with...

AT193

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning - Lariat SR - Antimatter Blue
I'm scheduled for PPF install in 2 weeks, but only doing front, hood, and rocker panels so no labels to deal with...
Same, Im going in Tuesday to have the nose wrapped in Xpel. Are you having them wrap the grille?

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
Same, Im going in Tuesday to have the nose wrapped in Xpel. Are you having them wrap the grille?
Went back and forth on that and decided not too... still deciding if I want to have it painted or not. Not super jazzed about the matt grey look of it.
Sponsored