• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
The grille I ordered from EBay will come with the letters in a separate box. There are alignment holes molded into the back of the grille to properly mount the letters after delivery🤙🏼
Thank you. Are there holes for the cameras? I have a XLT. Would it void a warranty?
Sponsored

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. Are there holes for the cameras? I have a XLT. Would it void a warranty?
I have one on order. There are no holes for the cameras, to the best of my knowledge.

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
No camera mount. I used a OEM mount for a 2019 Raptor. Can not void your warranty!!!

Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I'm looking into this grill and am thinking about designing a custom mount for the camera that I could just 3d print. We'll see how good my CAD skills are. If I can't make a good enough design, I'll probably just use the parts you did but non-sprayer version.
Are you doing this? If so, I’m in. Will I have any camera or sprayer issue with a 23 XLT Lightning?

dcshoes23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I received my grille and have begun designing the camera mount. One issue I'm running into is that our camera's connector comes out to the side.

@AZT9 is your camera connector behind the grille or did you have to cut into the grille in order for the the connector and cable to fit? If you have any pictures of how the connector/cable go once mounted, that would be helpful. :) Thanks!

Bcon91

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford Lightning XLT
@AZT9 @Zaptor I have an XLT without the sprayer. Based on your installs, will I still need a different camera housing/mount, or will the one in my current emblem work?

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
@AZT9 @Zaptor I have an XLT without the sprayer. Based on your installs, will I still need a different camera housing/mount, or will the one in my current emblem work?
You could do it with the existing mount, but it will require modifications with a Dremel and glue either way in my experience and judgement. The Raptor camera mount was like seventeen bucks so worth it IMO
-Zap

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If I’m do this again (still considering) I would just drill a circular hole into the grille and use JD weld as a mount. Since it take a little time to harden you can work it to get the angle you need to align the camera for 360 before you let it set. This obviously won’t work for sprayer but I think to drill a circle is much easier to cut and insert the camera mount and also smaller to conceal the imperfection.

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I like the grille, not with the extra lightning lettering, do you have a link the grille he used?
It’s the same grill from the Original Post. They just modified it for the letters and the lighting.
Sponsored