• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning Invoice Pricing Formula

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've heard many say the invoice and MSRP were the same or close. I saw this today. A break down of how the dealer will earn up to 10% profit on each Lightning they sell. The article that explains it.

The key points:
  • 1% of MSRP paid to dealers as a delivery allowance for every delivery
  • 1% of MSRP for adhering to advertising rules like not listing Lightnings under MSRP
  • 1.5% of MSRP as "floorplan assistance" (i.e. financing dealer inventory)
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 2 Pass-Through" for certain marketing costs
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 3 Co-Op," which refers to subsidized advertising
  • 0.9% of MSRP for "FCP," which rewards sales achievement targets
  • 3.1% of MSRP for compliance with Ford's EV certification requirements
  • 1.5% of MSRP for an unspecified "Customer Onboarding Payment"

So they'll make plenty if they play by their rules, but that isn't that they should be sticking it to the buyer. That is a lot of money for very little to no work for many of them.

Who knows what else they might still make on the unknowns and holdbacks and kickbacks.
Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Hopefully this incentivizes them to just sell direct and in volume. Maybe this will help keep the demo models on the floor.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Like I told my local dealership: "You didn't have to sell me on the truck, I knew what I wanted. I didn't have to take time looking through options catalogs and asking a bunch of questions, I knew what I wanted. I don't need to go through the rigamarole of the financing dance, because I'm paying cash. You're not incurring carrying or debt charges of having an unsold vehicle sitting in your lot inventory. You're basically making $5-8k profit just for washing the truck and handing me the keys after signing a few papers. How does that compare to most of your customers?"

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Like I told my local dealership: "You didn't have to sell me on the truck, I knew what I wanted. I didn't have to take time looking through options catalogs and asking a bunch of questions, I knew what I wanted. I don't need to go through the rigamarole of the financing dance, because I'm paying cash. You're not incurring carrying or debt charges of having an unsold vehicle sitting in your lot inventory. You're basically making $5-8k profit just for washing the truck and handing me the keys after signing a few papers. How does that compare to most of your customers?"
Better yet, don’t wash the truck, leave the plastic on and leave the keys in the cup holder $8k easy

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
<SNIP> You're not incurring carrying or debt charges of having an unsold vehicle sitting in your lot inventory. You're basically making $5-8k profit just for washing the truck and handing me the keys after signing a few papers. How does that compare to most of your customers?"
I don't think they would have to worry about it sitting on the lot.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I don't think they would have to worry about it sitting on the lot.
Right - the point was that unlike a more traditional lot full of inventory where the dealer must struggle to convince buyers to purchase, they're basically getting a pretty sum to wash a truck and hand me keys.

(Hard to imagine right now with supply chain issues, but dealers sitting on a lot of inventory has happened in the past.)
Sponsored