• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Added a factory running board to my PRO which does not have zone lighting. Anyone know how to activate the light in forscan? it does not turn on at all on either side. thanks!
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I'd have to hunt around in Forscan but I believe in BdyCM module (not as built) there was a zone lightning enable check box

OP
OP

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I'd have to hunt around in Forscan but I believe in BdyCM module (not as built) there was a zone lightning enable check box
just checked, nothing with "zone" or "lighting" immediately pops up as obvious. hmm

Sponsored

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I just installed Lightning Lariat running boards last month on my 22' Pro and it was plug and play. (no forscan)
They light up by default when doors open or unlock.
I don't see any "zone lighting" option in my lighting settings.
I have Tow Technology pkg, does that include Zone Lightning?

OP
OP

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I just installed Lightning Lariat running boards last month on my 22' Pro and it was plug and play.
Yes, I believe the tow technology package includes added lights around the truck and is factory programmed to power that pigtail. Mine is without tow tech so I need to activate it...somehow.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I just installed Lightning Lariat running boards last month on my 22' Pro and it was plug and play. (no forscan)
On MY23, yes. It seems on MY22, no.

OP
OP

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
The running board pigtail is definitely not activated on a non tow tech 2022 pro. any forscan veterans know how to activate? thanks!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mounted these (from harbor freight $26) yesterday to the bottom of the running near the end just beyond the rear bracket. Initially they wouldn't light but I had the polarity wrong. The pigtail i was using had white/black and the light had red/black. Had to do red to black and white to black which makes sense the more I thought about.

Ford F-150 Lightning Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan led

Sponsored

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
I mounted these (from harbor freight $26) yesterday to the bottom of the running near the end just beyond the rear bracket. Initially they wouldn't light but I had the polarity wrong. The pigtail i was using had white/black and the light had red/black. Had to do red to black and white to black which makes sense the more I thought about.

led.jpg
Any chance you could share what kind or where you got the pigtail you used to connect the light to the existing plug? I'd love to do this as well, but am clueless about what pigtail plug to purchase in order to properly connect it.

Thanks!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance you could share what kind or where you got the pigtail you used to connect the light to the existing plug? I'd love to do this as well, but am clueless about what pigtail plug to purchase in order to properly connect it.

Thanks!
https://a.co/d/3U97VMX

I used these. They fit but are not weather proof so I used some silicone where the wire exits the plug. I cut the red connectors off and spliced, sealed and shrink tubed them. oh and gooped on di-electric grease in the plug

Ford F-150 Lightning Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan plu

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
https://a.co/d/3U97VMX

I used these. They fit but are not weather proof so I used some silicone where the wire exits the plug. I cut the red connectors off and spliced, sealed and shrink tubed them. oh and gooped on di-electric grease in the plug

plug.jpg
Awesome, thanks!

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
A couple things here: I sold my platinum boards to a neighbor with a pro. They functioned as soon as we plugged them in. Did you remove the “covers” from the pigtail that was on the truck? The pins have a small cover over them so they didn’t get dirty while not in use. If you didn’t, then the connectors aren’t actually touching one another. They are blocked by the cover. As soon as we connected then and opened a door they worked just fine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan 80AE273E-9469-44CF-9E5D-CC7DF08976AA

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A couple things here: I sold my platinum boards to a neighbor with a pro. They functioned as soon as we plugged them in. Did you remove the “covers” from the pigtail that was on the truck? The pins have a small cover over them so they didn’t get dirty while not in use. If you didn’t, then the connectors aren’t actually touching one another. They are blocked by the cover. As soon as we connected then and opened a door they worked just fine.

80AE273E-9469-44CF-9E5D-CC7DF08976AA.jpeg
That was exactly my experience. I actually tested them with a volt meter prior. Hitting unlock on FOB showed 12v
Sponsored