• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ambient Lighting Lariat

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My 2012(!) Flex has the multicolor ambient lighting. I fooled with it a couple of times when i got the car and never touched it again. It always struck me as kind of a pointless, gimmicky feature. I’m surprised it’s something people really care about whether it’s there or not. I honestly never would have thought about whether it was there if I hadn’t seen people talking about it here.
Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
I'm sure Ambient Lighting will be included, but likely only in a few places like the footwell, maybe doors. All of those places, most notable the cupholders and cubby under the screen and likely the glove box are what is being removed on the ICE and I now expect the Lightning to follow that.

The good news is that if our cupholders are the same as ICE and if there is ambient lighting anywhere we can likely buy parts and retrofit what Ford shafted us for. Nothing like spending a few hundred on your truck to get what Ford seemed like they might give you in their pictures.

To the bottom line though, if you go read about Ambient Lighting in the order guide, etc - they only note Ambient Lighting - they do not list the places that it might exist like the cupholders. It gives them a 100% out for dropping it where ever they please. This is why all pre-production and demo trucks always come with an asterisk.
I mean the Ford website right now explicitly advertises the cupholders and phone bin as having it. And that part of the info site launched well after the announcement of the removal from the ICE 150.

I get it's not a big thing but kinda sick of watching msrp go up and features go down in the name of supply.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Often when comparing differences between Lariat and XLT people forget about Ambient lighting.

I just traded in an XLT ICE F150 to a Lariat and the first thing my daughter said getting in the back is "There's lights back here now!" she loved it. It does make a big difference.
Sponsored